Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Nulux is not leather- Frustrated used ct buyer.

21K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Raidin 
#1 ·
I am scoring the web looking for a deal on a loaded used CT. So many of the cars are listed as leather seating yet they clearly have nuluxe. Is nuluxe that good that is confuses so many sellers? Even one owner private sellers either don't know what they have or they are bending the facts.

I would be ok with NuLuxe over leather. However I like the memory seat settings that come only with the leather package.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Auto trader does not have a check box for Nulux. Leather and cloth are your options for interior materialLeather was checked because the interior is not cloth but soft ‘leather like’ material that Lexus calls “Nulux”.
Lexus gives a bottle of “Leather” cleaner and a bottle of ‘Leather’ conditioner to use on the Nulux with your purchase of the car.
. :p

#4 · (Edited)
Like others have said could be a honest mistake. Simply ask if they have memory seats which as you stated comes with only true leather. Actually, the Nuluxe is pretty nice. Some critics say it makes you back sweaty, but not all agree.

#8 ·
I have leather on my wife's Lexus and Nuluxe on my CT. It is purely a matter of taste. I like my NuLuxe better. I wouldn't represent it as leather, but it isn't like you got cactus covered seats. Some people are confused, some people are crooked, some people don't care. I would say that the vast majority of CT's are not leather.

#10 ·
The one seller knew or was nuluxe. When I questioned him he said that autotrader selection was either cloth or leather and since the lexus dealer sold him leather cleaner and it looks like leather he selected leather.

I would had not been happy if I had traveled xxx miles to buy it and found it out later.

#13 ·
All of my previously owned vehicles had leather. I changed my routine after careful research indicating nuluxe was more durable and tested by many ct owners. Price was also a factor i had a budget and the ct i bought was in the price range with decent options. I wouldn't be so quick to rate nuluxe as a material of lesser quality. It would be a huge risk for lexus to put any material in their vehicles that would shed negative light and reviews on their brand. I also think the nuluxe goes more in line with the environmentally friendly design. It really boils down to preference when its time to buy.

#14 ·
Among the many benefits of Nuluxe listed in this thread, it's also a lot lighter than leather, so there's a small boost to fuel economy and handling there, but probably not noticeable. :rolleyes:

I think the bottom line is that most people don't realize there are leather alternatives in some cars. They see something that looks like leather, isn't cloth, and automatically think leather, and list it as such. It also may be that some folks think NuLuxe and other such alternatives are leather, just of a lesser quality, or a more environmentally-friendly type of leather.

I can't speak to the 2011-2013 CTs, but as far as the 2014 CTs go, memory seating is part of the leather package, so you can always look for the inside of the driver's door picture and look for the buttons to see if it's real leather. Also, LED headlights are a stand-alone option on the 14s, they do NOT come with the leather package.

#16 ·
It's not about which surface material is better. It's the fact that sellers are misleading the car. Buyers are under the false impression they are buying leather. This effects the value of the car. Plus as noted above some tree huggers wouldn't buy a car with leather. But I guess they have not much choice since the steering wheel is leather with or without leather seats, correct?

#18 ·
Auto manufacturers have been deceiving costumers for years if you really research the issue. I have owned, toyota, honda, mazda, and nissan vehicles with leather seats. When i bought these vehicles they claimed leather seats, technically the seat is the entire piece. However the true leather portion was concentrated to the areas under your legs/butt and back. The sides and back of seat were all made out of a synthetic material. The companies did this to save cost, costumers unless they did their home work were buying a vehicle they believed had leather seats. I guess in some way the same is true today. Lets all hug bunnies and trees...... And reptiles also lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.