Lexus CT200h Forums banner

NuLux in the Heat

Tags
heat nulux
12K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  chrisbecker 
#1 ·
I know the NuLux hasnt been available for very long but has anyone had any experience with it holding up in the heat compared to leather? I realize its going to be hot either way but in my Current car (Acura TL) the leather seems to be showing its age. It's worse on the driver's seat than the passengers due to use obviously but it is still noticeable and only 3 years old. My CT200h is coming in the next week with the leather. I am debating about holding out with one with NuLux.. I just wanted one with Nav but the one coming in is fully loaded and if I dont take it I will be waiting for another month which isnt a huge deal if it means getting better quality. I dont know if its because Acuras Leather is just that much lower in quality to Lexus' or if its just the standard issue with leather in general...

The dealership said that the NuLux would probably hold its color longer as it is made to be that color whereas the leather is just hide that has been dyed so the dye will eventually start to wear off in the heat. The leather that they had on the demo was incredibly comfortable and the Nulux Ive been told is going to be a bit thinner.

Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I think it's too early to tell. Any idea if NuLux is being first used in the CT or has it been used before? I would say your Acura leather is bad quality. My Infiniti G35 that I just sold had 157K miles on it and 7 years old. The leather held up REAL well. Are you a big guy? I'm only 168 lbs.

#3 ·
We've had a total of five Lexus cars in our family now and have never had any sign of wear on the leather. Dogs, kids, general lack of attention and hauling of stuff around. I don't think you have to worry about Lexus leather.

#4 ·
Lexus leather is top notch quality. I don't know if the leather in the CTs is the same Lexus leather they use in the IS or RX though.

However, this is the first year Lexus has used synthetic leather here in the US. Before the CT, you could really only get a Lexus standard with leather, unless I guess you special ordered something with Alcantara or something like that as part of a sport package.

#5 ·
I am a detailer by trade. I'm not yet familiar with the NuLuxe but I hope to take delivery on my CT at the end of the month. I do know that any leather that doesn't regularly get cleaned AND conditioned will be more prone to cracking and fading than leather that is properly maintained. 2 in 1 Cleaner/ conditioner products aren't a sufficient substitute IMO

#6 ·
How well the seats hold up is a function of "bum" miles, sun and heat.

Plus with my wife how much stuff she drops while she's snacking !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.