Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an e-mail the F sport rims have arrived !!!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Excellent, so this is for your wife's CT, correct? Oh, is Sewall sending you the interest your payment has made in their account over the past 6-8 months? :)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cancelled the order 2 months ago and got my money back. Probably not going to buy them now. Just spent $1400 for new rims for my BMW.

·
Registered
47 Posts
According to the Sewell website, it lists the weight as 28.65 lbs. Isn't that heavier than the stock tires? I was hoping they would be lighter.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
According to the Sewell website, it lists the weight as 28.65 lbs. Isn't that heavier than the stock tires? I was hoping they would be lighter.
Sure is. I think the stock wheels are 26 lbs or so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sewell is great

My 4 rims and lug nuts just arrived today. They were shipped via Fed Ex. Sewell answered a question from me before I ordered in less than a day. They sent about 4 notifications to keep me updated on the shipping process. The rims were in Toyota cardboard boxes, but then put into another larger cardboard box that could fit 2 boxes of rims just perfectly. Great business to buy from. You couldn't ask for better. Rims look nice... maybe a bit darker gray than I had imagined, but should look fine. I paid for stardard shipping to Canada (something like $130 .... but I can't comment on duty, taxes, brokerage fees yet. Whatever the total, At $199 per rim, it'll be way cheaper than $746 a rim in Canada.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats - are u installing TPM's ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats - are u installing TPM's ?
I hope to. I know nothing about tires and rims. What I'd like to do is take the OEM tires off the OEM rims and put them on the F Sport rims and put winters with TPM on the OEM rims. Has anyone out there done this? On the Lexus website they look to take the same size tire.... so it should work, right? Also, question for the winter tires. Do you guys like to stick to P215/45R17 or change the dimensions on your winters?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Where in Canada do you live?
Can you please measure the weight of the wheels?
And what was your grand total including shipping duty and everything?

I'm also planning on getting these, installing the stock tires on them, and then using the stock 17" wheels for winter.
I personally am going to keep the same tire size 215/45/17 and probably keep a set of TPMS sensors for the winter only. (I don't mind checking pressure in summer, but am too lazy to check in winter)

My 4 rims and lug nuts just arrived today. They were shipped via Fed Ex. Sewell answered a question from me before I ordered in less than a day. They sent about 4 notifications to keep me updated on the shipping process. The rims were in Toyota cardboard boxes, but then put into another larger cardboard box that could fit 2 boxes of rims just perfectly. Great business to buy from. You couldn't ask for better. Rims look nice... maybe a bit darker gray than I had imagined, but should look fine. I paid for stardard shipping to Canada (something like $130 .... but I can't comment on duty, taxes, brokerage fees yet. Whatever the total, At $199 per rim, it'll be way cheaper than $746 a rim in Canada.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hope to. I know nothing about tires and rims. What I'd like to do is take the OEM tires off the OEM rims and put them on the F Sport rims and put winters with TPM on the OEM rims. Has anyone out there done this? On the Lexus website they look to take the same size tire.... so it should work, right? Also, question for the winter tires. Do you guys like to stick to P215/45R17 or change the dimensions on your winters?
You have to stick to the size that matched the rims you have. Below are the equivalents to stock that are almost exact matches:

P215/40R18
P215/45R17
P205/55R16
P205/60R15

I've bought my winter tires in stock size 17's. I will be putting them on the factory rims the end of next week as well as have my 16,000km service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price Paid

Where in Canada do you live?
Can you please measure the weight of the wheels?
And what was your grand total including shipping duty and everything?

I'm also planning on getting these, installing the stock tires on them, and then using the stock 17" wheels for winter.
I personally am going to keep the same tire size 215/45/17 and probably keep a set of TPMS sensors for the winter only. (I don't mind checking pressure in summer, but am too lazy to check in winter)
I stood on my scale at home and weighed myself, then weighed myself holding a rim (real scientific).... and I was 23.5 lbs heavier. DON'T take this as being legit as the specs claim 28.5 or something like that. My scale is a newer digital one and it's always been quite accurate though... I'm not worried about weight as this car is for my 95 lb. wife.

Here is what I paid: Fed Ex dropped them off without me having to pay duty (made in Taiwan), taxes and brokerage.... I'm assuming about $70 brokerage, 10% tax (Saskachewan) plus duties (minimal) on top of the $126.26 I already paid for shipping. Still after everything it will likely be less than half the cost up here in Canada. The 124.20 is for the F-Sport lug nuts.

$199.00
$796.00
$124.20
$124.20
Subtotal:
$920.20
Tax:
$0.00
Fedex Ground:
$126.26
Grand Total:
$1,046.46

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would say 23.5 Ibs per rim is pretty accurate - thanks for the info

·
Registered
12 Posts
What I'd like to do is take the OEM tires off the OEM rims and put them on the F Sport rims and put winters with TPM on the OEM rims. Has anyone out there done this? On the Lexus website they look to take the same size tire.... so it should work, right?
I'm doing the exact same thing - via the Lexus dealer - only downside is the Tridents will sit in storage until April before we get to use them...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for all the helpful info!
I think I'm going to be doing the exact same thing as you lol

Are you also planning on lowering the car with the F sport lowering springs or the road magnet lowering springs?

I stood on my scale at home and weighed myself, then weighed myself holding a rim (real scientific).... and I was 23.5 lbs heavier. DON'T take this as being legit as the specs claim 28.5 or something like that. My scale is a newer digital one and it's always been quite accurate though... I'm not worried about weight as this car is for my 95 lb. wife.

Here is what I paid: Fed Ex dropped them off without me having to pay duty (made in Taiwan), taxes and brokerage.... I'm assuming about $70 brokerage, 10% tax (Saskachewan) plus duties (minimal) on top of the $126.26 I already paid for shipping. Still after everything it will likely be less than half the cost up here in Canada. The 124.20 is for the F-Sport lug nuts.

$199.004$796.00
$124.201$124.20
Subtotal:$920.20
Tax:$0.00
Fedex Ground:$126.26
Grand Total:$1,046.46

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, this really is a great deal for rims for those who want them.

Dude, your wife only weights 95 lbs!? :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, this really is a great deal for rims for those who want them.

Dude, your wife only weights 95 lbs!? :eek:
Still no word on Fex Ex fees as of yet... but I'll post to let everyone know when they bill me. Actuually my wife is probably closer to 90 than 95 lbs.... I rounded up. We've got 3 kids already too. Marry an asian (not one born in North America... same eating habits as us) and you'll usually have a small one for life.;)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Marry an asian (not one born in North America... same eating habits as us) and you'll usually have a small one for life.;)
Ha ha ha. Sorry, too late, I married a Ukrainian! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts