Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
ct200h performance numbers are not impressive by any means, and they are using a technology that is over 10 years old, so it's sure to show in comparison with the newer generation of hybrids that are in line for production or slated for production. in my opinion, the ct200h seems more like a bridge for lexus to get into a market niche that has been overlooked (for the u.s. at least) and so far they seem to be on the right track considering the high demand for it (gas prices helping with demand i'm sure).
Your statement seems to suggest that no improvements have been made to the system in ten years. True, the technology was introduced 10 years ago, but it has been improved over several generations. cf. most automobiles on the road today use an internal combustion engine, the basic technology for which is over 100 years old.

I absolutely agree with your market analysis. I think the popularity this model will demonstrate will sprout several more performance-oriented engine configurations. Toyota Motor Corporation did apply for the trademarks CT200h, CT300h and CT400h in the Canadian Trade-Marks Office. While this could have been for the purposes of deception prior to the introduction of the final configuration ... we can hope.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.