Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unless you spend all day driving around on freeways without changing speeds, you won't be able to reproduce the 40mpg numbers for the other vehicles.

But the CT, just driving around down or doing whatever even some freeway driving pretty much ALWAYS gets over 40mpg.

And so far I've noticed that if you have the cruise control set on the highway just going along at the same speed... it does MORE than 40mpg on long trips.

At any rate, its a proven high-mileage drivetrain from the Prius with VERY low maintenance, so its hard to beat IMO and no other maker (other than the chevy volt) has been able to replicate the feat so far.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Lexus bluetooth vocal commands are kind of a baby-sync, so there is that :p

But ya, I agree with you about idling. I spend probably 20% of my driving sitting at stoplights, so something with stop-start technology makes huge sense to me too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow, thats impressive mileage. I wouldn't be surprised if the mileage ends up exceeding EPA specs since as you mentioned, it is just a Prius drivetrain. You factor in small differences with weight, tires and cod, but there isn't much holding it back from getting near Prius numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.