Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
After a month with my CT200h my gas mileage is steadily increasing. I am now averaging over 47mpg with mixed suburban driving, some hills. Speed is generally 45mph or slower on small roads. The car goes into EV mode on the downhills and I think this is gradually increasing my mileage.

I think the CT200h is very close to the Prius mileage wise. The cabin design and interior features are really superior on the CT200h. Probably not as nice as a German car BMW or Mercedes. The handling in turns is very good also. I personally like the look of the CT200h over the Prius. I have been getting many compliments on the car. People ask is it a race car? I don't know how many people come up to Prius owners and say how great looking the car is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

This is my first Lexus after years of Honda products. I am very happy with the purchase. Cheaper cars are out there of course. Ford is pushing hard with the Focus.
if you spend an hour or more a day in your car you should enjoy getting where you are going.

CT200h Premium, Starfire Pearl, Navigation, Premium Sound, Black Nulux interior

· Registered
200 Posts
Your observation about the power on th CT200h is legitimate. When I get on I-95 I have to say a prayer on merging with traffic doing 80-90 mph and giant 18 wheelers. I go immediately into Sport Mode to get extra push.
Timing for me was the maini factor in the purchase on the car. I needed a new vehicle and the CT200h fit my needs. What is down the line for the next few model years is anybody's guess. My theory is Lexus will continue to improve the hybrid components and battery. Maybe a partial plug in. I just don't see this car getting a rocket for an engine and trying to keep the fuel efficiency above 40mpg. In 5 years the technology will be better still.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.