Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2012 Lexus CT200h Premium Navi
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lithium battery cell conversion, which doubly serves as a repair for the dying NiMH cells. Also replacing the hybrid blower fan assy.

It’s not terrible to remove other than the typical learning all the connection points the first time, single handed removal of the heavy battery assy, and the central locking being disabled when power is cut off (meaning: don’t close the hatch once the power is disabled).

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was the Project Lithium Nexcell-based lithium battery upgrade.

Hard copy instructions were included and are also available on their website.

There were a few decent videos on the Gen 3 Prius but nothing specific to the CT200h. I would say it was fewer steps to remove albeit a little more cramped to maneuver the battery assy than the Prius.

Last vid was long-winded but was another perspective to help prepare for the job. Only new info was ordering the lithium battery blades in serialised sequence when installing, but this is not always possible since the “special” blade defies the order. Not sure this is actually a requirement or has any benefit because this is the only source that has mentioned it and it is not mentioned in the provided hard copy or YouTube instructions.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Short list of helpful things to know ahead now that I’ve had some time to reflect on the job:
  • Using a pair of saw horses rather than a folding table is more versatile to access the bottom fasteners of battery assy without flipping it over.
  • Rear seat bottom cushions do not have to be removed, only the seat backs.
  • Battery assy is secured to chassis via 4 bolts - 2 visible from the cargo area and 1 on each side. The passenger-side bolt may require an universal joint socket to get around the brackets. All the other bolts under the seat cushions are to secure the bottom cushion and can be ignored.
  • The wiring harnesses on the passenger-side will need to be un-anchored from the chassis to make room for the battery to rotate and exit out of the hatch.
  • Panel popper tool (angled) is useful to remove the clips stuck in the battery assy casing so that you can slide them back into the panel and snap the panel back in during re-assembly.
  • I used rice vinegar (all I had, because I maketh the sushi rice) to dissolve the build up on the buss bar nuts.
  • Don’t forget to slide the master disconnect plug to the passenger-side until you hear the double click. The plug is still disconnected until the second click.
  • Manual hatch release is in the access hole just under the latch. Push up to release, push hatch open until it clears the latch, then let go of the release.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
How is the lithium battery working out? Are you seeing mileage improvements?
I would say restored is all I can conclude at this point. Improved is TBD. Compared to same cold season last year on same tires, it’s maybe +1 MPG. Need warm season data, while on same tires, to know for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts