Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Toyota marketing ...

As afterthought, perhaps Toyota felt that Lexus owners are not frugal minded to care if their vehicles qualifies for Green Pass discounts. It would be truly cool to drive a luxury marque and also enjoy the economic benefits of environmental discounts accorded to low emission vehicles.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If by Green Pass discount you are talking about pass for car pool lane that is not up to Toyota. That is mandated by the state you live in. In my state (Cali) all Hybrids including Civics, Prius and our CT's are no longer allowed in these HOV lanes with a single driver. The only cars now allowed are Zero emission exhaust vehicles. Plan to pay if you want access. another money maker for the state politicians.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If by Green Pass discount you are talking about pass for car pool lane that is not up to Toyota. That is mandated by the state you live in. In my state (Cali) all Hybrids including Civics, Prius and our CT's are no longer allowed in these HOV lanes with a single driver. The only cars now allowed are Zero emission exhaust vehicles. Plan to pay if you want access. another money maker for the state politicians.
I believe plug-in hybrids get the HOV, a friend bought the Prius plug-in specfically for that privilidge.

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What I meant, is that it would have been super cool to drive a luxury hybrid and still be able to qualify for the Green Pass. It is up to the manufacturer to comply with the various Clean Vehicle Programs currently adopted by various states. In the Northeast, it is the eligibility of a Green Pass which in turn you can travel and enjoy the discounted NY/NJ ezPass tolls. For example, a single toll at any of the crossings between NY/NJ is $12.00 for cash and for ezPass holders $3.50 for 3 or more passengers. Believe it or not, my state of NJ is not a participant of the Federal HOV program !!! It would have been cool to enjoy the $4.00 off toll peak and cruise by the automated tolls without having to tell the attendant that you got 3 or more passenger in the car. The eligibility criteria is for cars capable of doing 45 mpg or more. CT200h is already doing 43 mpg city / 40 mpg highway. It has been my experience that 90% of time whenever I approach any of the toll crossings I am crawling at 5 mph or less, so for Toyota to make CT200h eligible should not been that of an arduous task. BTW 2012 Prius V is not eligible to Green Pass either, only 2012 Prius C is. The list of the eligible vehicles are mostly pure electric of experimental vehicles. It is just so insane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.