Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CT 200h has only Eco Mode and Sports Mode. When I push the Selector Button, it does not go to Normal Driving Mode. Any suggestions why this happened and how to solve it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
just a FYI: there is no light indicator or green text on the dashboard saying that you are in normal mode

when there is no green ECO mode text displayed, and its blue at the top of the dashboard (red if in sport mode), thats your normal mode

·
381 Posts
chroma23 is correct. Unless you see ECO or Sport Mode, you're in the Normal mode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for your inputs. Actually when I pushed the Driving Mode Button, the ECO or Sport Mode light do not go off. So I opened the Center Console. The Blue Wire of the connector was cut. I connected it and everything went okay. I can Toggle from Sport to Push Normal then to Eco Mode.

Again, thanks guys.

·
381 Posts
Seriously. Was the car purchased used? I still can't imagine what cutting that wire would accomplish if it was intentional.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Curious if it was on sport mode and you turned the engine off, and when you turned it back on, did it stay on sport mode? If so, then the previous owner figured out how to keep it on sport mode full time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like KKM's idea. I should pop open my center console and take a look at how easily the wire can be removed. Cutting it would be less than ideal.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Obviously I haven't tried this, but from an electrical engineering standpoint I can't see how that would work. The switch works by closing a contact which tells the computer to engage sport mode. I don't see how disconnecting that switch, which would then permanently keep it in open mode, would ever engage the sport mode again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts