Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seriously makes me crazy mad....who does this guy think he is?? I sure hope the dealer he's dealing with wouldn't allow this, or that someone isn't stupid enough to buy a "spot"!!

Lexus : 200h | eBay

Kristi

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
that is a little extreme. But it's definitely a sign of the times. If someone wants it that desperately, they may go this route.

I really hope supply isn't as bad as they say it is. Looking to get my second CT for the family.

·
Registered
283 Posts
if someone wants it that bad, they can have mine for 15k over what i paid and have it now!! I absolutely love the car, but that kind of money talks.
ditto that!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And now it's been bid on....I had to ask, and the dealer in Dallas that I dealt with said no way they would honor that.

I'm seriously considering listing mine for $50K now! Whoever bid on this just essentially paid $45K for this car. Surely someone would pay $5K more and get it now...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I hope the bidder fully understands that he/she is bidding on spot in line because if you miss that one line you might be thinking you are bidding on the car itself, which was my first impression.

·
Registered
222 Posts
haha what a bunch of nonsense! someone already bid on it, too. wow.

i'll sell mine for $10k over what i bought it for right now, too. anyone? :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I might as well set up an auction at buy it now $1.00 just to look at my ct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just reported the auction to ebay as a violation of their terms of service - you can't list an item that you know is out of stock at the time of purchase.

Selling practices policy
Nice, though the douche kind of has an angle because he's not selling the car, which is out of stock. He's selling his spot, which is in stock. Either way, amazing to see what the times are coming to...

·
Registered
14 Posts
He's selling his spot, which is in stock.
a) Does he have a signed sales contract for the car?
b) Does the contract permit assignment to anyone he chooses?

If both a and b are true, more power to the seller. From the description, I think all he has is a spot on a dealer's waiting list, not a signed contract. I would be very surprised if the dealer would consent to this sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This seriously makes me crazy mad....who does this guy think he is?? I sure hope the dealer he's dealing with wouldn't allow this, or that someone isn't stupid enough to buy a "spot"!!

Lexus : 200h | eBay

Kristi
Lol, the wife asked why'd this make you so " crazy mad "? ... She doesn't see anything wrong with what he/she was doing ... Smh ... She's lucky she's pretty :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Still can have mine for $15k more than what I paid :):rolleyes:

Available for immediate delivery ;)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
LOL @ Bob259

1 - 17 of 17 Posts