Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it odd that there isn't an option/accessory for side door molding. Especially since this car is being marketed as an urban car. IMO, door molding is essential in the city, unless you want to end up with a car full of dings and dents on the side.

I spoke with the dealer (Sewell here in Dallas)....nope, no door molding. But I can take it to a body shop myself (that they do business with), and they'll install color-matched molding for a whopping $350. $350? And it's not even an option/accessory, but an aftermarket thing?

Is this everyone else's experience?

·
Registered
61 Posts
According to the brochure there is a lower door molding that will be available later. It's runs along the bottom of the doors. They show a picture of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

According to the brochure there is a lower door molding that will be available later. It's runs along the bottom of the doors. They show a picture of it.
Thanks. I went through that brochure a couple of times, but I'd missed that. Thanks. This sort of firms up what I was thinking before, which was to hold on to my Subaru for a while longer, and take a look at the CT200h next year, when the model and its accessories and pricing are all more fixed. (The package availability, and accessory pricing in my area keeps changing.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some dealers do molding, I think

I haven't seen any molding for it. Wish it was an accessory you could just add at the dealer.
I think that some dealers will do the molding. My local dealer doesn't, but has a relationship with a body shop who will do the body color molding. It's aftermarket, and it's $350, salesman said. That's quite high for door molding on a small car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the problem with door molding is that if you put it on it may interfere with the aerodynamics of the body If you notice the rubber seal is tight against the door post. So room for molding unless it were on the outside of the door.

·
Registered
990 Posts
the problem with door molding is that if you put it on it may interfere with the aerodynamics of the body If you notice the rubber seal is tight against the door post. So room for molding unless it were on the outside of the door.
Where else would you out door moldings on? It only goes in the outside if the car and runs the widths of the doors, typically in the middle if the door to prevent door dings.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
These moldings will fit the CT.
2014 IS250: Body Side Mouldings (Set of 4) - Color-matched body side moldings unite form and function to help provide superior body protection. Featuring a high-quality finish with molded-in body color accents to enhance the sleek styling of the vehi
I'll take some pix when I get them on this weekend.
Its for the IS250 but I did some research and the door dimensions for the IS and CT are similar enough.
No more DINGS!
Excellent find! Show us a few pictures as you get it done and the final look

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a photo of my CT with both the mid-level door molding and the chrome bottom molding at Fuelly link here:

https://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ct200h/2012/KKM1/110163

The door molding is no guarantee that you will not get dings since every door cars point of impact is different. My other car is a 20 year old Volvo and despite having 2 door moldings at different levels has some dings. To minimize occurrence, park away from the cars at a remote spot of the lot. Worse offenders are back seat kids who open the door with force without looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts