Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new owner of a 2015 ultrasonic blue mica fsport ct 200h,

Let's get strait to the point, I don't like to have dangling cables in my front dash for connecting a cell phone, i'm not a fan of blutooth streaming.

I found a small enough usb memory drive to fit in the USB port UNDER the door, I had to pull away the plastic cover over the ports but it fit!!

I now have acces to most of my library of music!!

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts

Let's get strait to the point, I don't like to have dangling cables in my front dash for connecting a cell phone, i'm not a fan of blutooth streaming.

I found a small enough usb memory drive to fit in the USB port UNDER the door, I had to pull away the plastic cover over the ports but it fit!!

it sure looks different than our non-sport 2015 CT. My babe is driving it now... Our CT has NAV and it pickup my Nexus5 or wife's cheap smartphone without any problems, all the music in there

---------------
sorry , it looks just like our no=sport 2015 CT, just checked

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
about blutooth connectivity, well, I may be old school but I try to have the minimal digital processing steps in my audio playback path, I still use CD's at home + various high quality media (SACD, dvd-a, bluray-audio) low compression MP3 and FLAC encoding.

For conveinience in the car, MP3 direct USB is ok with me. With honesty, I haven't tested alot. My previous lexus is250 had a 6 disc changer.

I have an Note 3 phone and my CT with Nav had no issue picking it up.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I've been using one like that since 2012. I have a 16Gb size. It holds about 170 CD's worth of music in mp3 format. I found out about those tiny USB's from this forum.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a Nexus 5 and my CT has no problem picking it up. Even a free/cheap Alcatel Onetouch smart phone that my wife got free from T-Mobile she has no problem connecting it to our 2015 CT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually what I meant was, does the Lexus Display Audio system (non-nav) play videos via USB? I tried .mp4 but didnt recognized any videos on the usb. Just music mp3 that I also had on the usb drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cab you put the plastic or rubber back if needed too? Might have to find something smaller so I don't have to rip it off

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cab you put the plastic or rubber back if needed too? Might have to find something smaller so I don't have to rip it off
I think you can put the rubber back on. There is no USB drive that is small enough to leave the rubber cover and be able to close the door. If you leave the door open, you can leave the rubber cover.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Patriot 64GB Xporter Jibe USB 2.0 Flash Drive is small enough to fit, retaining rubber plug, with door closing. At least for my 2012 CT. Note, I could not get a USB 3 drive to work, so beware of USB 3 at least on older CTs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Patriot 64GB Xporter Jibe USB 2.0 Flash Drive is small enough to fit, retaining rubber plug, with door closing. At least for my 2012 CT. Note, I could not get a USB 3 drive to work, so beware of USB 3 at least on older CTs.
The 2015 must be different. USB 3.0 works fine and there is no way the rubber plug could stay on and the door close, my San Disk barely sticks out of the USB Port

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was trying to do the same thing today, but my player did not recognize the .m4a music files on the USB stick. I converted the files to .mp3 format and still no files were recognized. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

karlos

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was trying to do the same thing today, but my player did not recognize the .m4a music files on the USB stick. I converted the files to .mp3 format and still no files were recognized. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

karlos

what program did you use to transcode, and how are the files organized on the drive?

try playing around with these two things, like transcoding with another software and stick some songs in root folder

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
179 Posts
Just wanted to bump/update this for 2021 in case anyone was looking for a tiny USB drive to fit inside the compartment with the lid closed. I got a SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ33-064G-G35, and it works perfectly on my 2016! No issues with using the full 64GB for music, and it fits very nicely inside with the flap pulled off and the door closes fine.
I got mine here:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-64GB-Cruzer.../dp/B07MDXBTL1/

Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle Steering part

1 - 17 of 17 Posts