Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just wanted to leave a quick positive review of my new to me '11 CT. I know most of us only post when we are upset about something, so I thought it would be nice for people looking to hear some of the good. For quick reference, I've owned about 25 cars in my 26 years of driving (plus the 12 my wife has gone through)...some not lasting very long at all, including a huge variety of vehicles from muscle cars to motorcycles to lifted pick-ups and everything in between. Anyway, after debating for a little over a year on trading in my '08 EX35 on the CT, I finally went ahead and picked up a well maintained high mileage car for a very good price. Bought the car at 98k miles and have put on about 2,500 in the last few weeks. I was really concerned about ride comfort and power as they seemed to be the two big points that most reviews had issue with. Honestly, if you're considering this car, neither are real world issues as far as I can tell. Not only do I find the CT more comfortable than my EX, I've had 3 random comments from passengers stating how smooth the ride is in the car. Power is the other non-issue. Even while I was testing CT's I couldn't decide if I was going to be ok with the dramatic drop in performance from what I'm accustomed to. Turns out, daily driving in the real world is not only a non-issue, but it can actually be kinda peppy. Sure, if you need to race away from every red light this is not your car, but I can easily leave a red light in sport mode and quickly move to the front of traffic and cruise away....all while easily getting 40mpg. :) 2 days after purchase I took the car on a trip from PA to VA and back. The seats and ride were just awesome, and I hit 45mpg when I reached VA. Coming back to PA I was more aggressive, cruising around 80-85mph and still managed a little over 40.

Is it the perfect car? No, but it's really impressive. I will order the center arm rest that wasn't available in '11, and the lack of memory seats and parking sensors boggles my mind, especially for a Lexus. But other than a few small quibbles, I really love this little car. Oddly enough I tried to get my wife to buy a CT last year, but she instead picked up the new Mazda 3 as she felt the CT was just too tiny for her. While a nice car on it's own, having the two to compare side by side I think there's no competition, but since she feels exactly the opposite, I guess that proves what each persons review actually means to you.

Anyway, if you're are considering this car, I'd say go for it. It's in my top 5. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to say that I agree with this whole heartedly! My CT doesn't have the bells and whistles my IS350 had, and I really dislike the headlights, but this is a great car. We took it into the mountains the other day because I was curious to see how it made the climb to 11K+ feet of altitude. I barely even thought about it! The acceleration wasn't what I'm used to, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. It was comfortable (I actually like the Nulux!) as we spent 4 hours in the car. I even got 37 MPG going up, and 47 MPG for the day while maintaining 70 to 75 MPH up AND back

Honestly, I chose this car because I'm a Lexus fan that could no longer justify spending a ton of money on a car that only takes me back and forth to work (5 to 6K miles per year). I've always liked the looks (especially when compared to a Prius), but I didn't expect it to be occasionally entertaining, or as comfortable as it is. This could be the perfect commuter car for me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts