Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Iam in the market for a new vehicle and the CT200h is cerently on the top of my list. Since I already have 2 daily drivers, I can wait to get what I really would like. Other cars that Iam currently considering include Scion FRS, Subaru STI, Lexus GS-H 2013, Lexus HS-H, Toyota Camary Hybrid, and Prius full electric. As you can see, Iam battling between enjoying a sports ride and conserving our environment. I have always loved sports cars but Iam also environmentally concerned that is why I think the CT might be the answer for me. Anyway so for all the owners out there, what are your thoughts about this car? What are the pros and cons? If I do end up getting the CT, what package should I choose? I "will" get aftermarket wheels, competition speakers, racing seats, etc. so is it worth it to get F sport package or other upgraded packages? Finally what aftermarket brands are available for the CT? Any bodykit, exhaust, wings, etc. Thanks in adavance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
To be honest you don't buy a Ct to make it a racing car......... If you still love sport car you might be disappointed with the CT. It's a great car but not fast and it's all about fuel economy which usually people would rather spend more on gas and have a car that move faster! But go and try it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been driving sports cars for more than a decade and honestly, I only went on the track to race once. I do enjoy a powerful car but what I really enjoy is the opportunity to work on cars. On my day off, I can stay in my garage and work on my car for 12+ hours. I know I wont have much choices of performance parts to work with when it comes to the CT but I was thinking of working on audio stuffs. By the way talking about audio parts, how does the premium sound speakers compare to aftermarket components? Currently leaning toward the JBL 660gti setup no matter what car I end up getting.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The premium audio package isn't great, I'm a bit disappointed, lacking a lot in the bass department, but the highs are crisp.

Exhaust on a hybrid is silly IMO, but I have seen a couple of dual exhaust setups on here (from Japan and LOTS of $). Wings for the CT? It's a hatch back, what exactly were you looking to do? The F-sport hatch spoiler is a bit longer than the non-F sport one, but you can't even tell.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hi Iam in the market for a new vehicle and the CT200h is cerently on the top of my list. Since I already have 2 daily drivers, I can wait to get what I really would like. Other cars that Iam currently considering include Scion FRS, Subaru STI, Lexus GS-H 2013, Lexus HS-H, Toyota Camary Hybrid, and Prius full electric. As you can see, Iam battling between enjoying a sports ride and conserving our environment. I have always loved sports cars but Iam also environmentally concerned that is why I think the CT might be the answer for me. Anyway so for all the owners out there, what are your thoughts about this car? What are the pros and cons? If I do end up getting the CT, what package should I choose? I "will" get aftermarket wheels, competition speakers, racing seats, etc. so is it worth it to get F sport package or other upgraded packages? Finally what aftermarket brands are available for the CT? Any bodykit, exhaust, wings, etc. Thanks in adavance.
Hey welcome to the forum. I have driven and owned a lot muscle/performance cars, not the expensive exotics.

The CT is nice .. quiet, rides and handles pretty good, acclerates okay ... but it is not a race/perfromance car.

Body kit- factory F-Sport is pretty awesome, there are some nice aftermarket add-ons - Tom's
Lowering car, rims ... If you want to change the looks.

Wings won't really work it is a hatchback and kind of has a psuedo spoiler.

I wouldn't get racing seats or performance exhaust. One guy Matt_RN did put a cold air intake on his CT which improves his mileage a little.

As Dozier42 said even premium audio is so-so , certainly not Mark Levinson level which some non-USA CTs get ...you lucky guys ;)

Pros - nice looking car, hatchback versatility, Lexus quality ( the Lexus 460LS puriists don't agree), great mileage.

====

Camry Hybrid 2012 is awesome upgrade from previous years. Prius has higher mpg and quite a bit more space. Prius-C smaller than Prius, but higher mileage.

Jury still out on electric cars. They could take-down the electric grid if they really catch on and some places the electric cost makes them expensive to drive. I test drove a Volt; pretty impressive instant accleration ( electric motor torque is very high and comes on a 0 RPM) and it was well done especially for a Chevy, but $42K for new technology (cool-jacket Lithium Ion batteries) . Leaf looks woosey as well as Mitsubishi i. The Prius-Plugin is also using Lithium Ion; I personally would give them a year a so to work out any bugs with the new battery technology ( at least new in a car with cooling jackets...H.mm might warm up fast on cold winters :rolleyes:)

Good Luck .. I choose the CT and I am very happy.. Did keep my S2000 with Invidia exhaust for horseing around and going to the grocery store :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the inputs, especially midcow3. Your response was very detailed and useful. Made me more confident about getting the CT. :)

I was thinking of possibly getting the Cobra milano seats but after hearing all your response, maybe it is not a good idea for this car.

As for the wing, I know it is a hatchback, but I definitely like how wings look on the STI

I guess if I get this car, performance parts is out of the question, I'll just focus on audio mods

From your inputs, I think I should choose the F-sport package with standard sound system.

Btw, how many speakers can I install and what are the sizes.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally went to test drive it yesterday, loved it and bought it on the spot. Really wanted the sports package but the package only comes with black leather interior. I cared more about having a lighter shade interior so I had to make a tough choice and gave up on the sports package. Dont understand why when a buyer is willing to pay more money for extra options, you end up having less choices. I find it kind of ironic. As for exterior color, my first pick would be the ultrasonic blue, but that only comes with sports package. Well Lexus is really making it difficult for me. Btw, the one I test drove was an ultrasonic blue fully loaded CT. Anyway I end up getting the white on white combination with all the options except for the sports package. Though not exactly what I wanted, still very happy with the purchase. Now Iam officially part of the CT family. :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Finally went to test drive it yesterday, loved it and bought it on the spot. Really wanted the sports package but the package only comes with black leather interior. I cared more about having a lighter shade interior so I had to make a tough choice and gave up on the sports package. Dont understand why when a buyer is willing to pay more money for extra options, you end up having less choices. I find it kind of ironic. As for exterior color, my first pick would be the ultrasonic blue, but that only comes with sports package. Well Lexus is really making it difficult for me. Btw, the one I test drove was an ultrasonic blue fully loaded CT. Anyway I end up getting the white on white combination with all the options except for the sports package. Though not exactly what I wanted, still very happy with the purchase. Now Iam officially part of the CT family. :)
Congrats!
When will you get the car?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Congratulations. Did you test-drive any of the other vehicles?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I test drove the HS and the ISF. I like the feel of the drive on the HS but I dont like the design. The front bumper is not the most appealing one and the center console is what I dislike most. Maybe it is just me but I feel like there is something missing for the center console. As for the ISF, I definitely "LOVE" it but it is not what Iam looking for at this moment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts