Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im waiting for an F sport as I type, but am having some reservations about the ground clearance and ride quality. I've heard mixed things about the smoothness of the ride. Also, I will need to put on a hitch to haul our bikes. Any problem with clearance? Curts is the only hitch I've found made for the ct200. Does anyone know of a hidden hitch or something less obtrusive?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have just bought a CT F sport as well and would like to know too! I need a hitch for my bikes as well but i don't want to put a Curtis one on because it sticks out just a lil too much

·
Registered
22 Posts
2012 F-Sport owner since last november. I was concerned about ground clearance as well, I can tell you that I've had NO problems w that issue at all. Now the garage where I work has a pretty steep apron that caused me plenty of concern but I'm happy to report as long as I go very slowly I have no problems. Ride quality is always a trade off. If you want great handling w minimal body roll, then you must live with a harsher ride. Its that simple. For me its a no brainer, the F-Sport handles very well thats what I wanted, I accept that on bumpy roads I have to keep my speed down some. I cant speak to the bike rack issue.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does anyone know of a hidden hitch or something less obtrusive?
I need a hitch for my bikes as well but i don't want to put a Curtis one on because it sticks out just a lil too much
The Curtis hitch looks the best... You both seem to want something that you will never find. Put the bikes inside the car if you don't want to see a hitch or rack. You could always install the hitch/rack each time you want to haul your bikes.. ;)

Im waiting for an F sport as I type, but am having some reservations about the ground clearance and ride quality.
The ground clearance has only been a very slight problem in the front.. I've lightly scraped the top of a couple of parking curbs. One time a rod was sticking up a bit and I caught that.. If there are any scrapes I haven't bothered to even look. There is one dip in my neighbourhood that if I go to fast the front might scrape a bit. But otherwise clearance has not been a problem and definitely not a problem for the Curt hitch.

The ride is a little bit firmer than some cars, but if feels sporty to me and I'm used to it and love the feel of driving the CT.

Don't worry to much.. Its a fun car to drive.. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I can't comment on hitches. However, the CT hasn't got the ground clearance of a Hummer and sometimes you have to be careful (warn passengers NOT to fling the door open against a high kerb) but it's not a big problem. I like the ride, especially on some Australian rural roads. At about 110km/ph the suspension goes about its business just right for me. It's as if it deals with every bump or undulation one at a time, so you never get any cumulative wallow, yaw or pitch, and you can always place the car exactly where you want it. In many circumstances, the CT is the sporty hatch Lexus claim it to be, despite what a few of the motoring "experts" seem to think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts