Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2014 CT200 with about 66,000 miles on it and was just reaching out to see what recommendations other owners may give me as to important maintenance details I should be aware of such as need for CVT transmission oil change .... etc...and other tips for this particular engine that can help me .... Thanks 馃槆

Registered
sorry that nobody his replied to you. no one replies on here.

i would do a trans drain and fill now (you鈥檙e at 60k do it and then keep doing it every 30k)

On my 2012 CT i haven鈥檛 missed on 5k mile service. i would do this to keep the engine running as long as it can. if you change oil every 5k as well you can guarantee this car may even last 500k miles. it is a prius engine after all.

Registered
My memory is the coolant is 5 years .... the inverter coolant is a different length but it's easier to just do it all at once. Get the proper Toyota coolant and proper trans fluid. I had a local independent who takes care of my cars. When the car was in for it's 10k oil change I had him dump both of the cooling systems and drain the transaxle. Refill both .... The dealers don't flush -- you should not either. Change the engine air filter and if you drive a normal amount ...change the cabin filter each year. All of this stuff is basic and cheap. At about 110k it will need spark plugs -- should you notice any oil use have the EGR system cleaned .. often this needs to be done around 120k

Registered
I changed the oil every 5k with synthetic, once I reached 100k is when I did all other fluids such as brakes, cooling, hybrid battery cooling, and also replaced the spark plugs. I understand the transmission does not require a flush or change of fluid as it is sealed. Power steering is electric so no fluid there. My brakes are still the original at 104k, should last you very long. I changed the cabin and engine air filter once per year, I replaced the windshield wiper inserts every 2 years (never rains out West, they just get dry here).

The CT is one of the best cars I have ever owned, I don't think it gets anywhere near enough credit for everything it offers, there is nothing out there that compares to it.

Service schedule

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

i would do a trans drain and fill now (you鈥檙e at 60k do it and then keep doing it every 30k)

On my 2012 CT i haven鈥檛 missed on 5k mile service. i would do this to keep the engine running as long as it can. if you change oil every 5k as well you can guarantee this car may even last 500k miles. it is a prius engine after all.
Thanks .... Adamnnnnn

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
My memory is the coolant is 5 years .... the inverter coolant is a different length but it's easier to just do it all at once. Get the proper Toyota coolant and proper trans fluid. I had a local independent who takes care of my cars. When the car was in for it's 10k oil change I had him dump both of the cooling systems and drain the transaxle. Refill both .... The dealers don't flush -- you should not either. Change the engine air filter and if you drive a normal amount ...change the cabin filter each year. All of this stuff is basic and cheap. At about 110k it will need spark plugs -- should you notice any oil use have the EGR system cleaned .. often this needs to be done around 120k
Thanks Yeldogt !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I changed the oil every 5k with synthetic, once I reached 100k is when I did all other fluids such as brakes, cooling, hybrid battery cooling, and also replaced the spark plugs. I understand the transmission does not require a flush or change of fluid as it is sealed. Power steering is electric so no fluid there. My brakes are still the original at 104k, should last you very long. I changed the cabin and engine air filter once per year, I replaced the windshield wiper inserts every 2 years (never rains out West, they just get dry here).

The CT is one of the best cars I have ever owned, I don't think it gets anywhere near enough credit for everything it offers, there is nothing out there that compares to it.

Service schedule
Thanks Tnav .... Yes I think I got a Blessed Deal for a 2014 CT in GREAT Shape with ONLY 66,700 miles & White F-Sport with Almost All Extras and For ONLY $16,200 .....Former lease car still with some New Car Smell ... lol .. Praise God !!! 馃槆

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tnav .... Yes I think I got a Blessed Deal for a 2014 CT in GREAT Shape with ONLY 66,700 miles & White F-Sport with Almost All Extras and For ONLY $16,200 .....Former lease car still with some New Car Smell ... lol .. Praise God !!! 馃槆
I DO Need to replace the Driver Side Door Lock Actuator though

Registered
Very questionable on this. The trans fluid is sealed and technically never needs to be flushed or replaced.
Maybe replace it out of caution once in a lifetime, but every 30k? Thats a big nope.

Registered
Congratulations on your purchase. Everything you need can be viewed using auto vin check on various services like Epicvin. There is also about the details, or rather their numbers, so that if something happens, you can quickly order

Registered
Discussion Starter #12

Ok.... Thanks....After ALL These months just now checking back

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Very questionable on this. The trans fluid is sealed and technically never needs to be flushed or replaced.
Maybe replace it out of caution once in a lifetime, but every 30k? Thats a big nope.
Thanks for that advice !

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations on your purchase. Everything you need can be viewed using auto vin check on various services like Epicvin. There is also about the details, or rather their numbers, so that if something happens, you can quickly order
Thanks Givinhii !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts