Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a 2014 Lexus ct200h and I would love to give out all my salams and greetings to all you nice people on this forum. Thank you!

My 2014 CT200h is special in a lot of ways. First, it is (from what I see) a rare color, Fire Agast Pearl. But more interesting is that it is a Non-Navi model. The only options that keeps mine from being a "stripper" ct is the fact that it has heated seats, a power passenger seat, and some various accessories. I know, I know; a 16K 2015 corolla has a back up camera and mine doesn't. But honestly, the Navi from what I heard is sort of overrated and I can look behind me when backing up.

But, more astonishing than all, my ct200h is a Prius C in disguise. I have currently 9000 miles on my CT for about 11 months and my MPG has been climbing ever since the outdoor degrees and my vehicle mileage have been going up. But I broke the 4th wall in the world of ct200h fuel economy and Lexus vehicles; I've searched this forum upside down and clublexus and I've seen a few of you getting around 50-55 MPG with the average being in the upper 40's.

My CT200h has logged 74+ MPG (Yes, 74:cool:) over an eighty mile city loop that included some 40-50 MPH driving. It was spread out over three days with the average temperature in the eighties. I'm confident I can keep getting these 70+ MPG numbers as long as the temperature stays above sixty degrees Fahrenheit and I don't exceed speeds of 55 MPH. I'll post one picture of my car and a few of the trip computer over the course of the eighty mile drive. But in my view, this kind of MPG on a ct is like a unicorn. I even sent lexus these pictures and I'm hoping they may take notice and make me the next ct spokesperson.

But seriously; the CT is so underrated. I understand the price is what keeps away a lot of the customers and the fact it is a compact doesn't really help but I'm sure if people saw a Lexus getting 70+ MPG, Toyota could translate some of their current customers who buy the upper Prius trims to instead get a CT200h, which I think Toyota would like to see for their bottom line!

Enjoy! And again, Hello CT forum!

**EDIT**: The file uploader isn't allowing me to upload photos since mine are too big. I'll have to upload them to imgur and post a hyperlink so you all can see them. Sorry :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats! The problem with Lexus advertising 70+ MPG is that most people don't drive at 55mph :p There'd be more problems with people complaining haha.

Fire Agate Pearl is a great color!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Glad that you like your CT but don't think that it is "special" because of the excellent gas mileage you are getting. I could give you my CT and if you drive it on your exact same route at the exact same time of the day with the same setup (tire pressure, etc), you should get approximately the same gas mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts