Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm a new member and the 2nd owner of a 2014 Lexus 200h. I've not driven a Hybrid before but I'm beginning to think there might be something a miss with my car. Can anyone tell me what the EV mode to engine drive ratio is roughly when driving around town. Currently I'd say my car is in EV mode 10% of the time. It just keeps bouncing back onto the engine drive? I'm wondering if this could be a battery issue. I bought the car a few weeks ago and it is 6 years old. I read the battery has a life span of about this time. Do you think I have an issue with the battery. Something doesn't seem right but having no experience with Hybrids I'm not sure what to expect as normal! Currently it's just making me feel frustrated all the time. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I bought it from a large dealership and it's under warranty.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
367 Posts
"EV" mode may not be what you think it is. Do you have a manual? Maybe should read it. The "EV" mode is only active during acceleration, low pedal input coasting, and extremely slow driving (like creeping in a parking lot). "EV" mode disengages when your speed exceeds @30mph. It also disengages when the pedal input is high. You should be more concerned about mpg in relation to your driving style. Your mpg will give you a better understanding about the health of this particular vehicle's engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts