Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've recently decided to purchase a Lexus CT200h after owning a BMW for a number of years. I'm tired of the repairs, simply put.
I'm leaning mainly towards a used 2012-2013 with 50k miles or under. Do any of you suggest purchasing a new one as opposed to an old one? Were there any significant improvements that are worth purchasing brand new?
Do you also find the backup camera necessary? I did notice the rear visibility is horrendous. Navi system worth it?

What's a good price to peg a mint condition 2012 F-Sport package (no sunroof) with 23,000 miles?
Also, I'm curious...what do you guys think of the Ultrasonic Mica Blue color?
Thanks in advance. I've got a lot to learn now about this vehicle.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome! As someone who traded in their BMW 7 Series for an LS460, and my wife trading in her X5 for the CT200, I definitely understand why you're leaning towards Lexus'. Once you do, I doubt you'll ever look back.

As for the color you mentioned, I like it. Look identical to Subaru's World Rally Blue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the backup camera in my 2015. I never used it in my 2013 CT. The NAV was better in the 2013, in my opinion, but the voice address search is cool in the 2015. I don't think I would buy a CT without NAV because the regular radio is very boring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wot? You get better music on your NAV? :confused:
Haha. No, no, I mean the regular Toyota radio. Even the Corolla now comes with the touch screen standard, but the standard CT radio is just the one line of text, old school LCD radio. It gets the job done and displays XM titles, etc., but it ain't pretty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Only you can the answers to all these questions since they all depend on your income and how much you're willing to spend. As far as NAV goes, I never had a car with it. Simply because I take pride when it comes to knowing my way around. If it's a place I've never been to, that's what my smartphone is for. Backup camera? You can always get one of those Gentex rearview mirrors that have it and it'll be a lot cheaper than what you'd pay for the factory package.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Backup cameras are great in tight parallel parking situations and busy parking lots where others don't pay attention. They're nice to have and they'll be US mandate by 2017, I believe, so soon enough, you won't have a choice.
I do not have nav. I have it in my Prius and it's totally useless. I do like that, in the CT, back up camera/non nav cars have the monitor in the rear view mirror, so it's very low profile.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Backup cameras are great in tight parallel parking situations and busy parking lots where others don't pay attention. They're nice to have and they'll be US mandate by 2017, I believe, so soon enough, you won't have a choice.
I do not have nav. I have it in my Prius and it's totally useless. I do like that, in the CT, back up camera/non nav cars have the monitor in the rear view mirror, so it's very low profile.
Do you drive yours in winter here in Chicago? I just drove mine in this bit of snowfall and these tires are horrendous! I guess is back to my trusty Matrix with the winter tires.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can still get Pfremium Audio without the NAV. I have the Premium Audio and no NAV. You'll know if you have Premium if you have tweeters in the windshield pillars. Regular system has only 6 speakers, while the premium audio has 10. Speakers are also better and have a better amp.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can still get Pfremium Audio without the NAV. I have the Premium Audio and no NAV. You'll know if you have Premium if you have tweeters in the windshield pillars. Regular system has only 6 speakers, while the premium audio has 10. Speakers are also better and have a better amp.
Exactly.
Isn't it called display audio?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can get Display Audio in 2016 and newer model years, I think it's around $1600 or half the cost of NAV. I would highly recommend this option because the NAV isn't great, but I think the upright display is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't have display audio, but still have premium sound system as I described.
They must have changed it then.
Because I know all 14+ Canadian cars with the premium audio, have display audio. Do you have a pre 14 model?

The NAV cars have a chrome strip on the deck, under the buttons, along with the SD card slot. Along with a square rti controller.
Non nav cars don't have the strip, obviously no SD card slot and a round rti controller.
As you can see in the pictures I've added.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Center console
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Lexus Steering wheel

·
Registered
61 Posts
They must have changed it then.
Because I know all 14+ Canadian cars with the premium audio, have display audio. Do you have a pre 14 model?

The NAV cars have a chrome strip on the deck, under the buttons, along with the SD card slot. Along with a square rti controller.
Non nav cars don't have the strip, obviously no SD card slot and a round rti controller.
As you can see in the pictures I've added.

yes...it's a 2012

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unless you're very particular, I don't think 2014's changes will be all that noticeable. I've driven both and didn't notice THAT much of a difference, and I am VERY particular. I didn't spend that much time with a 2011-2013 though, a day or two at most.

I have both the camera and parking sensors on mine. I don't think I want to drive without them. At least have one or the other, OR make sure the car has the auto-tilting side mirrors for reversing at least. If not, at least try out some backup maneuvers and make sure you can find a way to gauge where the rear is when backing up into a parking spot. You have to make sure you're comfortable doing it however the car is setup in terms of features before making a purchase.

As far as the blue color, I have that and it is one amazing color. When clean, especially with a little wax, it's gorgeous. Whenever my car is washed, people always comment on the color. You also rarely see this color in the wild. I've already had one guy wave at me with a big smile as he passed me on the highway in a copy of my car. =)

Best of luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 2014 is supposed to have a few improvements over the first iteration that might my worthwhile. Let me see if I can find the link.

Here we go: Hidden differences between 2013 and 2014 - Club Lexus Forums

straight from the 2014 product handbook:

Changes for the 2014 CT200h:
Exterior--Appearance
--Revised front appearance
--revised rear appearance
--L-Finesse spindle grill
--Larger roof spoiler
--LED rear license plate light

Performance--Drivetrain
--Revised engine plumbing and mounting for smoother operation
--Revised suspension tuning for enhanced stability