Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Thule 480R rapid traverse roof rack, Thule Aerobars, and the Thule Hull-A-Port kayak carrier. Had to modify the recommended placement of the back bar a little so that the sunroof would still open.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good! I've been thinking about getting a Thule for mine too.

Did you have to drill into the roof?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No drilling required at all. Installation was straight forward, but I did watch a couple of YouTube videos to supplement the paper instructions a couple of times. For the sun roof to open properly, I had to modify the distance between the front and back bars a little.

I remove the kayak holders when driving around, but I leave the aerobars on at all times. I haven't noticed any significant issues with gas mileage. It actually seems like the drive is quieter with these on when the sunroof is open, which is a plus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a fully loaded 2012 Obsidian Black CT200H too. I'm trying to decide between the Yak and Thule rack to carry kayaks. Did you consider the Yakima Whisbar before making the Thule purchase? Just wondering what the difference is - if any. I'm looking to carry two kayaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does it seem like it would leave any long term damage on the body or paint as a result of installing the roof rack?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't look into the Yakima products. No reason in particular...I've just always owned Thule products and never had an issue with them.

Not sure if it would damage the paint or the body of the car as long as it's mounted properly. The only place the rack touches the car is in the door jams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts