Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup y'all...

is it just me or does anyone else not like the shift knob on the CT? looks like a handle for a cane...i like the one on the Prius a lot better...i was thinking of getting the one from the Lexus HS250h (see attached pic)...just gotta find out if it's a direct fit...

D

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I just don't like the chrome..
..maybe taking it off and covering it with some 3M fiber or paint it flat silver or gunmetal to match the interior

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just don't like the chrome..
..maybe taking it off and covering it with some 3M fiber or paint it flat silver or gunmetal to match the interior
Do it right or don't do it at all. If you go for it, take pics!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If I had to guess, one would think it's the same fitment and likely a direct swap out. I'd be shocked if they designed 2 completely different shifters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I had to guess, one would think it's the same fitment and likely a direct swap out. I'd be shocked if they designed 2 completely different shifters.
i don't think that the shift knob of the HS250h is sold as a replacement part. I've checked on the Sewell parts site and saw that the shift knob is part of a $414 shift assembly, but could not be ordered as a seperate part.

renzie

·
Registered
842 Posts
i don't think that the shift knob of the HS250h is sold as a replacement part. I've checked on the Sewell parts site and saw that the shift knob is part of a $414 shift assembly, but could not be ordered as a seperate part.

renzie
I agree. I wanted to switch the shift knob on my Prius for the HS250 and my friend who was the operations manager at a Lexus dealership told me it only came as part of a major part, which cost over $400. His solution was to look for a wrecked one, but I lost interest.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Looks great, its to bad it didn't have white stitching to match the white stitching adjacent to it

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have an F-Sport, Special Edition and my shift knob doesn't look at all like that. Where does that one come from?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Sewell site lists this as the F-Sport shift knob for the GS450h. Evidently it also fits the shift rod for the CT which is nice. I like it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The list price on Sewell is $87, but if you're registered with them you get it for $60. Just remember to go to the GS450h accessories to select it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ran across that one too and thought it was pretty cool. What confuses me on it is that one of the pictures shows it connected to a DC plug. I thought that you would have to plug it in for the light, which would be lame. However, in the description it says it uses a built in battery and it lights up for 30 seconds after first touched. Maybe the DC plug is an option if you wanted it lit all the time?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts