Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Although I am not a new Lexus owner, I am a new CT F Sport owner, all the way from South Africa, traded my 2012 BMW320i F30 for the CT, must say it is an awsome car, I sometimes miss the turbo on the Beemer, but will not go back again, the CT rules.

Some info,
to date she is stock, pearl white, no nav, LED headlights. Unfortunately we do not have the aftermarket and availability of aftermarket goodies here in the dark continent so i will have to be happy with the great fuel consuption and looks of the stock CT F Sport.

Great to be part of this forum, I have learned a lot aready.

·
Registered
414 Posts
A big hearty Canadian welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Denis,

Welcome from Johannesburg!

I traded in my Mercedes C230 Coupe for the Ct and still amazed by it. It's a demo and has a few rattles but that's going to hopefully get sorted out next week by Lexus.

Although it is sad that there are no aftermarket parts here, I'm desperately trying to get some HIDs in so I can swap out the yellow lights for some great ice blue ones. I just need to find a way to get them here.

Have fun with your car Denis and I've just done a trip to Durban (560km / 350mi) on less than a tank of petrol where my Merc did it in about twice the fuel.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks all for your warm welcomes and congratulations. I look forward to learning a lot and having a ball with my CT. Current best fuel consumption 5,4 L/100km and a worst of 5,8 L/100Km, I am not sure how to tranlate it to MPG so I apolgise upfront. I do miss the power the Bimmer had, but I smile every time I get into the CT.

Regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Denis,

Welcome from Johannesburg!

I traded in my Mercedes C230 Coupe for the Ct and still amazed by it. It's a demo and has a few rattles but that's going to hopefully get sorted out next week by Lexus.

Although it is sad that there are no aftermarket parts here, I'm desperately trying to get some HIDs in so I can swap out the yellow lights for some great ice blue ones. I just need to find a way to get them here.

Have fun with your car Denis and I've just done a trip to Durban (560km / 350mi) on less than a tank of petrol where my Merc did it in about twice the fuel.

Cheers
Hi,

Thanks, I look forward to a long trip or too soon, my CT is also a demo, but has the LED headlights. However the high beams, fogs, number plate lights and interior lights are still the ugly halogens. Please let me know if and when you can get any accessories, I am jealous of the guys in Europe and the US, they just click and the parts are available and acessable.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see a business opportunity here. Wife and I live in The States, but she is from SA and we will be there in May visiting friends and family (annual trip). I might have to pack a suitcase full of HID's, heheh.

It seems hybrids don't get a lot of love in SA where TDI's are so prevelant. I don't think I have read a single positive review out of SA on the CT200.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see a business opportunity here. Wife and I live in The States, but she is from SA and we will be there in May visiting friends and family (annual trip). I might have to pack a suitcase full of HID's, heheh.

It seems hybrids don't get a lot of love in SA where TDI's are so prevelant. I don't think I have read a single positive review out of SA on the CT200.
Hybrids in RSA is not as popular as Diesel cars, currently we only have Lexus, Toyota and Honda Hybrids available. I suspect the technology scraes the guys, and also we are a nation of "power and speed" :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts