Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. New member just picked up a new CT 3 days ago and I have some things I'm kind of disappointed with. Maybe someone can help me out.

1- at highway speeds at 60 mph-70 mph there is a noticeable wiring sound that seems to be coming from front driver side front end.
2- everytime the engine turns on when accelerating I feel a thump in the front end and it's very annoying.
3- the tires on my car are michelin sport a/s and they make a lot of noise on certain roads and I can feel the vibration in floor of the car And gas pedal. Also very annoying
4- I opened the hood of the car started the car and when the engine turned on it was shaking pretty violently the whole time it was running about 2 mins, right before it turned itself off it smoothed out for like 10 seconds then shut off.

If anyone can recognize these concerns I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thats funny i also bought my ct three days ago. I have experienced the thump also at times when accelerating. I was told by another local ct owner that it is simply the transition from electric to gas engine. There are also posts of the engine shaking and you tube videos also, i haven't experienced it myself. The vibrating brake issue doesn't sound good, you might have to ask a lexus dealer about that. The three days I've had my ct have been an overall good experience. How many miles on your ct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 30,000 miles on it. I mean the car drives good but that thump every time i accelerate is really annoying. I mean its every time and now that i know its there it will always bug me. I was under the impression that it should be seamless.
If I'm at 20 mph or higher you really don't feel it but at a dead stop and then go i feel it every time.
the brake doesn't vibrate just feels like road noise from the tires that transfer into bottom of the car which is annoying. its not on every road just certain types.

If you could find a youtube video of the engine shaking please post.

Anyone else find the thump on every acceleration annoying?
Also has anyone ever had an steering components that worn on them. Sometimes it feel like a worn lca bushing or something cause feels like a linkage is rattling sometimes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
, check this one out. It is in a prius however its same engine and same issue. You can read old threads in forum about this issue.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I never saw this on my CT but there were tales of flawed engine mounts on some of our cars that I believe led to a limited recall (try searching Google for "CT engine mount recall" or similar). It might be worth asking the dealers about it and whether your CT is subject to that recall and whether it had the work done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I will ask the dealer I am going to setup an appointment or just ask the salesperson to introduce me to the service manager so I can find out what is normal and what is not.

Does ss everyone feel the engine start everytime they accelerate light or hard?
i find it's more noticeable in sport mode.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My ct doesn't do it at all, i do feel at times when the gas engine kicks in but very unnoticeable most of the time. I did some research for you and contacted a local lexus dealer. There are 4 motor mounts and they range in price between $90 and $120. I also asked if they have noticed in any frequency this complaint or issue and of course they said "no". Please let us know what your outcome is for our own knowledge incase we run across the same issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will post the outcome of my visit as soon as i can. Thanks for you help and interest in researching this. I believe its the manifold or a motor mount. either one would cause a rough startup and would be the reason why i notice it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You Intake manifold gasket is suspect for the running issue. The vibration in your floorboard or your seat is most likely a rear tire out of balance. Mine had the same issue at 65MPH. Have those tires rotated and balanced. A check of alignment is a good idea as well.

When I bought mine a couple weeks ago I had noticed on the carfax that the intake manifold gaskets had already been replaced. I believe there is a TSB on that issue and is covered under your warrenty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks I will look into it. I went to dealer today and the tech took a drive with me. he heard the whirring noise around 60mph and higher and said it sounds like a bearing. So they put me in a loaner car and said they will call me monday to keep me updated as to the find/fix.

So if it is indeed a bearing, that could be the problem with the sound at high speeds and also the shaking feeling in steering and floor board. we will see

I plan on changing the rims soon also but after the dealer changes my tires. ( Spoke to salesman about the loud road noise with the michelin pilot sport tires and he said he would Locate some Primacy MXM4's (OEM) and give me a call.

So all in all we will see the turnout.

Another lil but of info.
I put 93 Octane in my car friday night and I noticed a huge difference in engine smoothness and Performance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also noticed a difference in performance with higher octane fuel. And what i mean by performance is slightly better response.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I also noticed a difference in performance with higher octane fuel. And what i mean by performance is slightly better response.
No performance difference with higher octane except faster depleting of your wallet; this is your imagination! Higher octane only works on higher compression to prevent pre-detonation or "pinging" otherwise it provides absolutely no benefit. The CT200h doesn't have high compression, doesn't have "pinging", and therefore higher octane gas gains nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got car back from dealer today, the noise at 60 mph and above was a hub bearing in the front driver side.
they also put 4 new tires on free of charge (after complaining about road noise) so that was good.

I have one more final gripe with my car and that is that i cannot get above 37 mpg readout on my current mpg
the loaner car they gave me was getting 47+ mpg and i was driving it the same i drive my car on the same roads.

Any ideas on why i am getting below average mpg on my car?

·
Registered
414 Posts
You'll find after you get a car back from a dealer the mileage will be lower as they usually run the car in the shop. Wait until the next fill up resets the mileage and check it then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts