Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner...1st time poster. Coming from a Prius for the past 6 years/100k miles. Loved the Prius but wanted a bit of luxury from the Lexus experience. The test drives (4) were all enjoyable. Drove the CT from Palm Desert to LAX (130 miles) & was a bit disappointed with the feel of every bump on the road. Any other Prius owners feel what I'm feeling or is it something that I'll just have to adjust to? I've had a Porsche in the past & the CT feels the bumps as much as the pcar. The CT is a very cool car & has some great features. I really want to love this car....patiently waiting!

·
Registered
44 Posts
short wheel base does that. just like the diff between a short wheel base pickup and a long wheelbase pickup. also stiffer suspension than prius. i use to own a prius and it wandered all over the road ( only thing i ever agreed with consumer reports about ). you will either get used to it or not. didn't you notice it in any of your four test drives?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a bit more "subtle" on the test drives. You don't always get to know the true personality of a car until you spend some time with it. The dealer changed the wheels for me after they had it delivered from another dealer. I'm going to check the tire pressure in the morning when the tires are cool to see if they could be a bit overinflated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have the 16" or 17" tires?

I put 16" on for winter and found the ride softer, looking forward to putting the 17" tires back on for the summer. Not a major difference but noticeable IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a good look at your tire pressure. Tires are over-inflated in Japan to prevent flat spots if the car sits too long. Dealers are supposed to let the air out... If yours are over-inflated, it will have a HARD ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too noticed the hard ride when test driving the CT200h but after several drives in different configurations I found the 16" tyres with lateral dampers fitted gave me the best ride. Ordered one in January and will be taking delivery end of May so will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've got a CT200 f Sport, and while I agree the ride is firm, it's the sort of ride that I have always enjoyed. Perhaps that's what comes of having an original Mini for my first car. I find that on the open road at about 100 -120 km/ph the CT smooths things out and you get a great controlled ride, with no float. Of course, in America you probably don't have the goat tracks that pass for roads in Australia, and they should set the American CT suspension for "1959 Cadillac".

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a CT200 f Sport, and while I agree the ride is firm, it's the sort of ride that I have always enjoyed. Perhaps that's what comes of having an original Mini for my first car. I find that on the open road at about 100 -120 km/ph the CT smooths things out and you get a great controlled ride, with no float. Of course, in America you probably don't have the goat tracks that pass for roads in Australia, and they should set the American CT suspension for "1959 Cadillac".
I have the CT200H (no F sport) and I enjoy the ride. One of the reasons I bought it is because it doesn't have the dull/floaty/ non athletic ride of some previous Lexus, aka ES300 to ES350. That said, I think the CT200H takes bumps pretty well for it's short wheel base. It takes railroad track crossings better than I thought it would. Better than some other larger/mid sized cars I have owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well....I'm starting to feel the love. After checking the tire pressures this morning, they were 40psi & above all around! Close to 10psi more than required (33 front/32 rear)!! The car was delivered from another dealer 115 miles away (Nebula Gray w' caramel interior...sharp!) The wheels on the delivered car were not what I ordered so I had the dealer swap them out. The tires were heated up from the drive & whoever did the tire swap didn't account for the heated tires when they put the air in. The ride I was feeling was appropriate (rock hard!) for the amount of extra psi in the tires. Enjoying the car thus far! Looking forward to my Wednesday drive to LA.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Enjoying the car thus far! Looking forward to my Wednesday drive to LA.
Outstanding! I drove the 405 - 105 - 605 - 60 Fwys this weekend and was surprised at how comfortable the ride is even with the F Sport springs installed! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks CT Forumites for all the responses! Looking forward to participating in future discussions!

·
Registered
441 Posts
pt767: I think this forum is really good. I've picked up a lot myself and I think it's great that the CT is slowly charming its way into your motoring life, perhaps with a little help from your forum friends.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is bump, being so small and stiff with relatively low profile tires really adds up.

plus i find the road noise in the wheel wells are pretty prominent if you hit a pothole (oops) or drive through a puddle.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is bump, being so small and stiff with relatively low profile tires really adds up.

plus i find the road noise in the wheel wells are pretty prominent if you hit a pothole (oops) or drive through a puddle.
Doctor Foster
Went to Gloucester
In a shower of rain.
He stepped in a puddle
Right up to his middle
And never went there again!

·
Registered
239 Posts
New owner...1st time poster. Coming from a Prius for the past 6 years/100k miles. Loved the Prius but wanted a bit of luxury from the Lexus experience. The test drives (4) were all enjoyable. Drove the CT from Palm Desert to LAX (130 miles) & was a bit disappointed with the feel of every bump on the road. Any other Prius owners feel what I'm feeling or is it something that I'll just have to adjust to? I've had a Porsche in the past & the CT feels the bumps as much as the pcar. The CT is a very cool car & has some great features. I really want to love this car....patiently waiting!
There is no other car like the CT200h.

A week ago, at Buck's restaurant in Woodside, I pulled into a perfect space.

To my left was a Porsche 911 Turbo, convertible. The Honey Badger (my CT200h) was center. On the right side was a Prius.

The picture says more than I can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts