Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I'm a new owner of a beautiful grey ct200h luxe. Since in Europe, the model was built until the end of 2020, my model's year is 2020. I'm both new to Lexus and Hybrid cars, so I came here to learn a bit on more things on my car. :)
I hadn't had the car for long, but I already did my first modification, and have my next one incomming : I added the famous aliexpress kit to allow the mirrors to automatically fold when the car is closed. I also ordered an android auto kit because, I had it on my previous car, and I really miss it !

By the way, I only had one car previously : a Renault Clio 4. The change of sound isolation and build quality is insane and I really love my new car, except for some little irksome things I didn't have on the Clio : the nav was way better to use, I had android auto, and my mirrors had the auto mode...

Anyway, I digress, and don't really know what to add, so please, feel free to ask me whatever you want ;)

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
101 Posts
Welcome along! Since most places didn't get a 2020 CT, it would be cool to see pictures of yours. Thankfully, you can easily add the features you had on the old car. Congrats!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I'll add some some when I get to take some nice pictures, right now it's a bit complicated since I don't move much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So here are some photos of the beast. But well, night pictures aren't the best but well, I couldn't do better...

And the interior now :

As you can see the main change inside is that we have an option for a 10,3" display. But still no android auto nor apple carplay... But well the new spindle grille is nice I thought :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello there,

I'm a new owner of a beautiful grey ct200h luxe. Since in Europe, the model was built until the end of 2020, my model's year is 2020. I'm both new to Lexus and Hybrid cars, so I came here to learn a bit on more things on my car. :)
I hadn't had the car for long, but I already did my first modification, and have my next one incomming : I added the famous aliexpress kit to allow the mirrors to automatically fold when the car is closed. I also ordered an android auto kit because, I had it on my previous car, and I really miss it !

By the way, I only had one car previously : a Renault Clio 4. The change of sound isolation and build quality is insane and I really love my new car, except for some little irksome things I didn't have on the Clio : the nav was way better to use, I had android auto, and my mirrors had the auto mode...

Anyway, I digress, and don't really know what to add, so please, feel free to ask me whatever you want ;)
Hi there, french guy in Paris :). Love your model! I've got the 2018 one in grey titanium. Loving it, but the laikn drawback is the infotainment system. It is so clumsy... I am trying to find an way to have android auto working and I noticed on your message you mentioned ordering a '' android auto kit '' may you share the details of this kit? Would be glad to see if this is something that could suit me. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, yep the entertainment is a pain in the ass :)
Here's the carlinkit I will use next week end, since I just got it : here.
It just add Android auto and Carplay : you'll still have to use the joystick if you order it, and well, you'll still have a long time installing it... Here, you'll find someone who went all the way, if you're ready to dirty your hand : here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, yep the entertainment is a pain in the ass :)
Here's the carlinkit I will use next week end, since I just got it : here.
It just add Android auto and Carplay : you'll still have to use the joystick if you order it, and well, you'll still have a long time installing it... Here, you'll find someone who went all the way, if you're ready to dirty your hand : here.
cheers !
OK so it is the unit that you have to install ... i was wondering if one of those carlinkit wireless devices could work without having to do the hard work of installing that unit under the main cockpit board, but i haven't carried enougth investigations .. Are you planning on installing your kit by yourself ? Does it requires some technical skills or so ? or is it better asking an repair shop / mecanic to proceed with the installation ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It depends mostly on how good with your hands you are : for my part I already installed the kit to allow the folding of the mirrors when you lock the car by myself. It was pretty easy and this is on another scale, but if you don't feel too sure about it (you need to open like 50% of your car's dash) you shouldn't do it yourself, since there's a lot of clips you could break... It's still pretty much plug and play, so it shouldn't be too difficult, but it still require to feel ok with declipsing many parts of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It depends mostly on how good with your hands you are : for my part I already installed the kit to allow the folding of the mirrors when you lock the car by myself. It was pretty easy and this is on another scale, but if you don't feel too sure about it (you need to open like 50% of your car's dash) you shouldn't do it yourself, since there's a lot of clips you could break... It's still pretty much plug and play, so it shouldn't be too difficult, but it still require to feel ok with declipsing many parts of the car.
Ok cheers, will think about it. I'd be happy if you could lay as well post the link to this kit which you se to fold mirrors automatically. That would be great :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts