Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I went to one of the 2 Lexus auto dealerships in Ottawa yesterday, with the specific intention of buying the Lexus CT200h.

I did not realize that the demand/supply ratio in North America was so high.

The salesperson told me that this dealership has sold 27 of this model since it was introduced, and that it is it for the 2011 model. However, at least 600-700 people over the year have requested the 2011 mode.

I was told that I was lucky, if I wanted a 2011 model. Someone else who had bought the model, just earlier this morning had cancelled his order. The car was still "in production" in Japan. I therefore put a $500 deposit for the 2011 model, and we will meat the saleperson on Tues, with our final decision on the car. There were no models on site, so we could not test drive it. However, he told us that the contract of purchase of the car would be conditional - once the car arrives, we could drive it (I did not ask him if that meant we could take possession and drive it for a few days, or we could "test drive it"); if we did not like it, the contract would be cancelled, and we would incur no penalty.

He told us that we can order this 2011 model, which will arrive around the end of Sept, or the 2012 model, which may arrive in Feb. Which one would you suggest. He told us that the 2012 model is by an large the same as the 2011 model, and right now, I can get the same price. Obviously, if we want to take possession of the car sooner, we would order the 2011 model. However, if that was not a consideration, do you see any difference between the 2 cars?

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey I'm also in Ottawa on that long waiting list.

Which model/colour combo did you want?

·
Registered
180 Posts
My family and I went to one of the 2 Lexus auto dealerships in Ottawa yesterday, with the specific intention of buying the Lexus CT200h.

I did not realize that the demand/supply ratio in North America was so high.

The salesperson told me that this dealership has sold 27 of this model since it was introduced, and that it is it for the 2011 model. However, at least 600-700 people over the year have requested the 2011 mode.

I was told that I was lucky, if I wanted a 2011 model. Someone else who had bought the model, just earlier this morning had cancelled his order. The car was still "in production" in Japan. I therefore put a $500 deposit for the 2011 model, and we will meat the saleperson on Tues, with our final decision on the car. There were no models on site, so we could not test drive it. However, he told us that the contract of purchase of the car would be conditional - once the car arrives, we could drive it (I did not ask him if that meant we could take possession and drive it for a few days, or we could "test drive it"); if we did not like it, the contract would be cancelled, and we would incur no penalty.

He told us that we can order this 2011 model, which will arrive around the end of Sept, or the 2012 model, which may arrive in Feb. Which one would you suggest. He told us that the 2012 model is by an large the same as the 2011 model, and right now, I can get the same price. Obviously, if we want to take possession of the car sooner, we would order the 2011 model. However, if that was not a consideration, do you see any difference between the 2 cars?

Thanks.
I suspect you ordered from the east end dealer.

The west end dealer has a dedicated demo CT onsite, and I believe that my CT is currently sitting in the show room. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Yeah east end dealer had a demo onsite which I test drove but that was in march. Prob sold it by now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Try checking the with Lexus dealer in Barrie. They said last week some more were coming in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is the east end dealer.

They do not have any models on site, except for one of this saleperson's colleague, whose car was parked in the parking lot, when we visited the dealership. We could look at this car from the outside and from the inside, but we could not test drive it.

We are getting the technology package. The colour is maroon.

·
Registered
100 Posts

They do not have any models on site, except for one of this saleperson's colleague, whose car was parked in the parking lot, when we visited the dealership. We could look at this car from the outside and from the inside, but we could not test drive it.

nice! it sounds like you really jumped the lineup! I hope i'm that lucky.

you should try the west end dealer, they still have a premium to test drive.

as for leasing vs buying, that's too difficult to answer because there are too many variables to consider especially with your own personal financial situation.

interest rates on hybrids kind of suck in canada. personally i'm buying because i'm trading in a car and paying this one off.

personally, i wouldn't lease unless i was about 99% sure i would buy it out at the end.

just sit down with excel and start running numbers... how much it would cost with either option, and how your savings and financials will be affected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah purchased mine from the east end dealer. Picking it up this week. Leasing is better for me. But each case is different. If you can wait for the 2012 you'll save somewhat on the fact you have a newer model year if and when you go to resell. I believe main difference in 2012 model is the audible outside warning for backing up...not sure if this is coming to the Cdn model.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah purchased mine from the east end dealer. Picking it up this week. Leasing is better for me. But each case is different. If you can wait for the 2012 you'll save somewhat on the fact you have a newer model year if and when you go to resell. I believe main difference in 2012 model is the audible outside warning for backing up...not sure if this is coming to the Cdn model.
which model did you get? how long did you have to wait?

·
Registered
296 Posts

Is it at Bel-Air Lexus? I know this saleman he is awsome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
which model did you get? how long did you have to wait?
Got the Touring Model-Moonroof+ 17" wheels. Ordered mid April so it was a 4 month wait.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey I also ordered from Bel-Air in may. Would be arriving in sept. I hope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts