Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm a new member and the 2nd owner of a 2014 Lexus 200h. I've not driven a Hybrid before but I'm beginning to think there might be something a miss with my car. Can anyone tell me what the EV mode to engine drive ratio is roughly when driving around town. Currently I'd say my car is in EV mode 10% of the time. It just keeps bouncing back onto the engine drive? I'm wondering if this could be a battery issue. I bought the car a few weeks ago and it is 6 years old. I read the battery has a life span of about this time. Do you think I have an issue with the battery. Something doesn't seem right but having no experience with Hybrids I'm not sure what to expect as normal! Currently it's just making me feel frustrated all the time. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I bought it from a large dealership and it's under warranty.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
22 Posts
You should be able to put the car into EV mode. Wait until the battery is fullyu charged and then put it into EV mode. Drive it as far as can. Stay under 20mph and stay in normal drive mode when you do this. You should be able to drive for at least a 1/4mile in EV mode. I would need to test for specifics on my own car. I have 111K on my 2012 and battery works fine, I can drive quite a way with my battery in ev mode, keeping it under 20mph. Oh and dont press the gas too suddenly or it will activate the engine. You want to see how long it takes for the battery to drain on its own. I suggest doing this somewhere where you can drive nice and slow and wont be disturbed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts