Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup y'all...

new member from Southern California...picked up a 2011 Prius last month and liked it so much that we were lucky enough to pick up a CT200h last Friday (premium non-navi, obsidian/black nuluxe)...my friend Jon (LA City JB) "convinced" me to get..he didn't have to try very hard tho..hahaha...owe him his commission too...love both rides!!! wish the CT came with the solar roof option tho...comes in handy when the weather is hot here in Cali...

looking to get either wider 17 or 18" wheels and suspension as well...anyone find springs/suspension for this car yet?

will post better pics this weekend...

thanks!
D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BostonGTR,

thanks! the Prius has 17x7 Enkei EKM3's in a gunmetal finish...i'm getting 5mm spacers for the rear so that it'll be more flush with the back of the fender...also dropped on Eibach springs...(1.2 in the front and .75-1.0 in the rear)...car handles a lot better IMO...

D

·
Registered
60 Posts
sup y'all...

new member from Southern California...picked up a 2011 Prius last month and liked it so much that we were lucky enough to pick up a CT200h last Friday (premium non-navi, obsidian/black nuluxe)...my friend Jon (LA City JB) "convinced" me to get..he didn't have to try very hard tho..hahaha...owe him his commission too...love both rides!!! wish the CT came with the solar roof option tho...comes in handy when the weather is hot here in Cali...

looking to get either wider 17 or 18" wheels and suspension as well...anyone find springs/suspension for this car yet?

will post better pics this weekend...

thanks!
D

Welcome, D!!! I guess I didn't have to convince you too hard to join the board/forum, too! We're CT brothers... hahaha!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi CT,

How would you compare the 2 rides? Been doing some research and these 2 vehicles are probably the finalist, although probably won't be purchasing for another few months. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@LA CiTy JB, thanks bro! just did the auto lock "mod" 5 minutes ago..worked like a charm!!!
@KKM, the Lexus drives like a Lexus...quieter, smoother, more responsive on the road and in the turns, feels more solid than the Prius...interior and storage space is smaller in the CT...the Prius definitely wins in the MPG dept, but not by too much!!! i did lower the Prius, so it does handle a bit better...if only the CT had the solar roof, that thing is amazing!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
@LA CiTy JB, thanks bro! just did the auto lock "mod" 5 minutes ago..worked like a charm!!!
@KKM, the Lexus drives like a Lexus...quieter, smoother, more responsive on the road and in the turns, feels more solid than the Prius...interior and storage space is smaller in the CT...the Prius definitely wins in the MPG dept, but not by too much!!! i did lower the Prius, so it does handle a bit better...if only the CT had the solar roof, that thing is amazing!!!
What is the solar roof and what does it do other than cool the car down...you can get a factory option for $240 from Lexus installed that is remote start...ordered my car with one and it starts you car before you enter by remote...I have it on my current SUV and when it gets scorching hot here in South Florida, it is very useful...you may want to think about adding this option

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did you know that you can have your windows set so that you can use your key fob to open all windows as you walk up to the car? That will allow the hot air in the car to clear out before you get in.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Lexus came out with some F-Sport springs which will be available in summer.

Part Number: PTR0777110
Price: $224.54

But I'm sure other options will also become available

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome D!! Congrats on your new rides!! Nice! If you like the Pruis, I know you LOVE the CT. ;-) Yep, you and Mr La City JB are definitely twins now with the matching cars. Very cool... :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
be careful of all the flying pebbles and rocks.. i now am suffering of a cracked windshield =(
stupid 5 North Freeway

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome D!! Congrats on your new rides!! Nice! If you like the Pruis, I know you LOVE the CT. ;-) Yep, you and Mr La City JB are definitely twins now with the matching cars. Very cool... :cool:
Good thing he went black on black! That way, when I do visit him and his family, I won't accidentally drive his CT home. Haha! :D

be careful of all the flying pebbles and rocks.. i now am suffering of a cracked windshield =(
stupid 5 North Freeway
Sorry to hear about the cracked winshield DelSter196!!! A couple other people on the forum just reported chips and cracked windshields from rocks, too :(

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Does anyone think the numerous windshield crackings will become a common misfortune?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dear D of SC< Of course we like the CT better! Good luck. Do you still have the pilot. We miss suv cargo space. but love the ride of CT. Wondering what else to buy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@bondguy, the solar roof works wonders...keeps the cars interior the same temperature as it is outside...won't have to stand outside and wait for the car to cool down before driving...comes in really handy here in Cali...

@dkid, yes, found out about the keyfob feature when i had my IS350

@darkride, thanks for the part #! debating on if i should get F sport springs or Tein, Tanabe, or Eibach...

@Heygurl, i think we were both on the Priuschat forums as well, right? my SN over there is tanginapare

@Delster196, i'm on the 5 and 710 everyday, those trucks are usually to blame for all the stuff flying around on the freeways...

@trove, yes we still have the Pilot..it's the family hauler...

·
Registered
410 Posts
CT IT OUT: Yep, I was on the Priuschat forum too. SN was: Wifey2njchpd I put 18's for the Prius and it rode like crap. So I am keeping the 17's on the CT. I need comfort nowadays. ;-) That's a good forum. I got lots of good info from there too.

Man, we have a lot in common. We have an 06 Honda Pilot and I'm from L.A. too. (born & raised) My other SN on the other Lexus forum is LAX2TEX. ;-) Yep, you are right, the 710 fwy is a killer going towards L.B. Those 18 wheelers have murdered that fwy. I was always dodging crap. hehe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@HeyGurl, yup lots of things in common! waiting to pull the trigger on some 18" rims...more than likely i'll just add suspension to the CT, but nobody has springs for it either!

just noticed that you replaced your G37 with the CT...i replaced a G35 sedan for the Prius..had OEM 19" Rays rims on Tanabe springs as well...hahaha...great car but below average gas mileage and needed super unleaded fuel...

D

·
Registered
410 Posts
@HeyGurl, yup lots of things in common! waiting to pull the trigger on some 18" rims...more than likely i'll just add suspension to the CT, but nobody has springs for it either!

just noticed that you replaced your G37 with the CT...i replaced a G35 sedan for the Prius..had OEM 19" Rays rims on Tanabe springs as well...hahaha...great car but below average gas mileage and needed super unleaded fuel...

D
Dude! Are you kidding me?? That is wayyyy to ironic. LOL!!! That is really funny. Yes and those are the same two reasons I sold the G37. The MPG and the unleaded fuel. Whew! I could not deal with that.

I'm leaving my CT as is... although Tanabes did cross my mind once or twice. hehe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
crazy, right? i guess we have good taste...hahaa...

might just end up getting some 17x8 or 17x8.5 wheels in a lower offset so that the wheels is a little bit more flush to the fenders...

group buy on Tanabes? haha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah...great minds think alike. hehe

I ordered the F-Sport Trident wheels. Sewell's website says summer delivery. That's a really long wait. ;-( Hopefully, it will be sooner than summer. So, I'm keeping it simple this time. I need this car to be practical...unlike my G37. I babied that car wayyy too much.

So, I'll keep thinking happy thoughts about Tanabes. (you never know!) hehe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts