Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, like stated above, I am looking to purchase a 2013 ct200h possibly tomorrow. I took it for a test drive the other day in the rain and it seemed to perform good. There was one time when it felt something slipped while accelerating hard on the highway in the rain, it felt like traction control now that I think about it more.
The car has some small dings for a 6 years old car as to be expected and the interior has some bruises as well. But I am buying this car for the hybrid mileage and a daily driver so it fits the bill. It had a K&N air intake mod done as well. My biggest concern so far is that the cover for the electric motor is missing. I asked the owner about this and he said he bought it like that (he bought it in 2015 second hand). Is this something to be alarmed about? Is there a way the Toyota mechanic can test the electric motor to check for damage or if it is original? Tires also look original and will probably need replacing in the next 12 months.

Overall I'm liking this than the alternative I was looking at (2012 Prius for $6k). I was happy with CT's driver feel aspect on the highway and in turns and it fit and finish is decent. Also it looks like it has the modern (current day) F sport front spindle grill but I thought those were only available on the 2014 models and up. I did not see any f sport badge on this car. This car is registered as a 2013. At $10,500 with 45k miles for a 2013 I feel it is a decent buy to suit my purpose for it.

Any advice thankfully appreciated, I am taking this to Toyota for a diagnostic tomorrow at noon. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've owned a 2013 for a couple of years now and it has been a great car. I bought it with 18k as a certified pre-owned and it now has 50k with no issues.

-Traction Control: this is definitely an issue with this car, I try to avoid driving it during hard rains and not at all when it snows. It slips a lot regardless of the tires ive used on it.

-Spindle grill: this seems odd, 2014 is the first year to use that grill as you've mentioned. You may want to check if the car was ever in a front end wreck since that was definitely not available for the 2013 model out of the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found this thread since that's why I joined this forum too, trying to find out information about the CT200h before looking to buy. That's good to know about the traction control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts