Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, like many here I'm hoping to become a new owner. I've called dealers in 4 states looking for gray leather. It seems in the south, that color leather is not available. I'm in Texas, but I am willing to go wherever I can find the car I want.

For those of you with gray leather, where did you get your car? I am hoping for a starfire pearl exterior with gray leather. Since I'll be on a wait list for a while, I want to make sure I'm on the right one. I've been told that Lexus is not currently taking special orders. My choice is limited to what comes off the truck.

Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi Dirvin,
I just saw this post. Did you ever get your car? I see you're in my neck of the woods. We bought ours from Clear Lake.

I wanted caramel interior, but settled for black interior. The pick'ins were very slim. ;-)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Gurl,
Not yet. I'm holding out for white with gray leather. It's got to come around someday.
As long as I get my car by the end of the year, I'll be happy. I've only seen one in all of Houston. It was white with ecru Nulux. Somehow it looked tan. I thought ecru was almost parchment.

Sure do wish there were some actual cars to look at not just color swatches. I just might go for red if I could only see it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey Gurl,
Not yet. I'm holding out for white with gray leather. It's got to come around someday.
As long as I get my car by the end of the year, I'll be happy. I've only seen one in all of Houston. It was white with ecru Nulux. Somehow it looked tan. I thought ecru was almost parchment.

Sure do wish there were some actual cars to look at not just color swatches. I just might go for red if I could only see it!
Dirvin, Go back to the dealer and ask to see the red and white IS model.
Same color as CT.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea. I wasn't sure if the reds were the same. Thanks -;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello, like many here I'm hoping to become a new owner. I've called dealers in 4 states looking for gray leather. It seems in the south, that color leather is not available. I'm in Texas, but I am willing to go wherever I can find the car I want.

For those of you with gray leather, where did you get your car? I am hoping for a starfire pearl exterior with gray leather. Since I'll be on a wait list for a while, I want to make sure I'm on the right one. I've been told that Lexus is not currently taking special orders. My choice is limited to what comes off the truck.

Thanks
In regards to not taking special orders... You can, it's just most dealers don't or are not willing to... They worry you'll get tired of waiting and go elsewhere and it ties up a "unit" in their inventory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just came back from Keyes Lexus (Van Nuys, CA) and they had a white ct with grey leather on display. It was the first time seeing that color leather in person and I must say that it was gorgeous. Color contrast looked great with the black dash and the grey leather door inserts.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thumbs up! I am so glad to hear that. I've only seen two CTs ever. It does take a leap of faith to order a car without seeing it first. The other Lexus cars that I've had all had color coordinated dashes.:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my premium black with gray leather, audio, and nav in Fort Wayne, IN this past Tuesday. I almost turned it down because of the gray, but I got a quote on getting the leather replaced, so I took it with the idea of replacing it later. The gray looks nice and may be cooler in the summer, but if you plan to sit on it or otherwise let anything touch it in any way, it won't look so good in a couple of years.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gray looks nice and may be cooler in the summer, but if you plan to sit on it or otherwise let anything touch it in any way, it won't look so good in a couple of years.
Why would you think that?

I'm on my 3rd RX and my husband is on his 2nd ES. It's HOT here in TX and we always get light leather. We also wear jeans more often than not. :p

Doesn't it come with some kind of warranty? 10 years of light Lexus leather and I have never had the need to ask. That should tell you something. We eat and drink in our cars. Spills wipe off. My dog also rides along.

I've never cleaned or conditioned mine, not once. It must be protected in some way. This will be my first car with perforated leather. My husband gets it in his ES cars and has no problems with it.

I have noticed a change in the leather over the years, mostly in softness, but have no reason to doubt the quality of this leather. I had a cream leather couch once that had to be cleaned every 6 months due to color transfer. My cars never have this problem.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot to say, my cars look as good as new until the day I trade them in, inside and out. A quick wipe with some sort of pop up leather wipe is the most I've done. My current 2009 RX hasn't even gotten that. There's been no need.

Just wanted to clarify, I'm not some slob driving around with filthy leather-- oblivious to the problem :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
LOL... I'm glad you're not a slob Dirvin. hahaha

I have only seen 2 CT's on the road since I got mine on Mar 12. (4 months!!) One was another member that I met to purchase prem mats from. BTW, his CT is white w/gray interior. (Triquynh) The other CT was gold and drove by my job. I was sooo excited when I saw it.

Maybe the wait won't be so long. I said maybe.... ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I hope you're right about the gray leather, I've had many cars with leather, but never had a light color before, it scares me. The salesman said I didn't seem like the type to get dirty, but he's never seen my dog after a wade in the swamp or the large landscape rocks I pick up at the quarry every so often. With dark leather a bit of armorall and a towel and it looks like new. And if it doesn't hold up I will just replace it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the smokey granite and light water grey leather seats. I put a deposit since febuary and finally got my car 2 weeks ago. It was well worth the wait. I didn't like the black interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the smokey granite and light water grey leather seats. I put a deposit since febuary and finally got my car 2 weeks ago. It was well worth the wait. I didn't like the black interior.
Hi Mmlon,

Where is the dealer you it the car with that combination? I just gor a call from the salesperson that Lexus didn't make any light gray in the recent production. Just wondering if I can get it from other dealers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Mmlon,

Where is the dealer you it the car with that combination? I just gor a call from the salesperson that Lexus didn't make any light gray in the recent production. Just wondering if I can get it from other dealers.
Talk to LexusGuy. He has been very helpful to me with the gray leather issue. I ended up putting in an order to get it. Each area of the country gets different color combinations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My smokey granite and light water grey leather seatswas made on june 2011, delivered to california. The lexus dealership I work with was Lexus stevens creek in san jose,ca. This was their first car that had this combo :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is one in Chicago available. I passed on it though. It is a premium model with the premium audio package with back up camera. If you are interested I can check to see if it is still available. PM me if so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts