Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first week with the car and I absolutely love it! Mostly driving in regular mode but today I spent the day in Eco. Very bizarre experience: like having big brother constantly reminding you to take it slow and easy. My previous car for the last four years was a VW Tiguan 2.0 turbo with 4motion all wheel drive. The CT is definitely a big change but the mileage numbers are so addictive. This car gets twice the fuel economy of the Tigger! Before the Tigger I had a Passat TDI. I almost went diesel again but started to remember what I didn't like about the oil burner: searching for stations that had diesel, sticky grimy filling handles, very slow to get heat on cold mornings. The final stroke was realizing that diesel is now trending as being more expensive than regular gas. The best thing about the CT? It's not a Prius but has all the lean and clean benefits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forums fellow Canadian! I recently bought a CT as well, and it is definitely a different driving experience from most other cars. Great gas mileage is awesome!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian. I've tried driving in Eco mode, but it's painful. Sport is the mode of choice, but in the winter it's back to normal. BTW I've tested my mileage on a long trip using cruize and the different modes yield the same mileage.

232 Posts
Welcome to our community. Enjoy your CT, she is quite pleasure to drive long distances, specially in the night with cruise set at 75 mph and still get up to 44-46 mpg. I have taken my CT to the Atlantic Provinces from Maine to St. John, through Bay of Fundy ferry to Digby, en route to Halifax NS. When I traversed the fabled Cabot Trail loop, I never had to fill the tank, not until I reached Charlottetown PEI after crossing Northumberland in another ferry to Caribou.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome, indeed i save alot more gas in ECO mode but it isnt the most pleasant. I drive in Eco to work and back and use sport mode when i want to zip around some nice bends. I typically am always above 50MPG in Eco....always mid 40s in Sport modes and it can be worst depending on how many times you floor it. lol Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts