Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Adrian and for long i have been visiting this forum. And i like i a lot. So i thought i could post a pic of my winter ready CT.

Great to finally become a member! Have a great weekend!
IMG_20131027_191955.jpg

·
Registered
441 Posts
Gooday, Adrian. I gather that they sell a few CT's in Norway so you might see a few around. It's your winter and in Australia it's summer, and not unusual to have days over 40 degrees (Centigrade). That would melt your ice and snow for you. Hope you enjoy the car and the Forum.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum Adrian.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi. My name is Adrian and for long i have been visiting this forum. And i like i a lot. So i thought i could post a pic of my winter ready CT.
Welcome, Adrian. How about a description of what you've done to prepare your CT for winter? For example, what tires are you using?

The only thing I'm doing is getting a set of 16" winter alloy wheels with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires. All CTs sold here have an engine block heater as a mandatory "accessory."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For detailing I have been using Chemical guys products such as JetSeal, 50-50 wax, they use a lot of salt her on the roads, so good protection Is necessary. I have also fitted a led bar for extra light during the months we have here with no sunlight. And they worked pretty well. Much more minimalistic and easy to install. I have also a roofbox for my skies. But that’s not on yet. This winter I am running on Continental WinterContact TS, it came with the car on 17" f-sport wheels. They are pretty good at our condition but next year i might buy some studded tires. We have around 6 months of winter roads and on ice the studded tire is way better.
I guess that the engine block heater mandatory here as well. We could have around -30C and -22F. But the car is getting amazingly warm fast at this temperatures.
I also think it’s a great wintercar because of the hybrid drive. You can start of extremely slow when you are parked in a slippery hill. That way you get a lot of grip where others just spin.

Thanks for the welcomes :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My name is Farhad and I also drive my 2013 silver CT200h in Norway. I just switched my 17" summer to 16" winter alloy wheels with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires, the same as Jay's. I was wondering is it safe for the hybrid system if you need to use snow chains?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts