Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the board and am buying a super clean 14 CT200h that has a lot of the F sport mods added to it but it is a regular base model. No nav or anything but all the other goodies. The car has never been wrecked and gets 44-48 mpg verified. He only uses Royal Purple in it and is maticulous like I am. My questions are as follows

1. Are there any major problems with these cars or things that I should be concerned about? They seem pretty reliable based on my research. Any major services due up at 56k?

2. How good are the hybrid batteries on this model? Do I need to worry about it going out? Seems like it charges great now and gets awesome mpg.

3. I am basically getting it for 14k, is that a good deal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
not a bad deal, i can assure that. does it have premium sound? that’s all i care about but if not don’t get it. the premium sound is a must. the nav doesn’t matter as it’s a basic boring toyota nav anyways.

the batteries are usually good, but only if you keep the car running a lot (drive it often and almost every day) if you let these hybrids sit the battery is weakened and lifespan decreases. my prius battery lasted 270k miles.

the “infamous head gasket” is a problem only some see. i have not seen it in my gen 3 prius and it has 300k miles now. it’s not that big of a concern because it’s not terribly common i guess.

you should definitely do the 60k miles service though. that is a big one that should not be missed...

·
Registered
11 Posts
all filters will be replaced, oil, and all fluids would be checked and corrected. it’s important, mostly if you want to keep the car 300k plus.

the signs of head gasket failure is knocking when starting up, etc. check the engine oil cap under the hood. if it looks milky then the head gasket is bad. or if there is any white smoke coming from the exhaust (when not cold outside).

the head gasket issue is not terribly common from what i’ve heard though. so don’t be scared into buying a CT. the CT is a good car, and a smart buy. it’s a prius. no one ever said ever that a prius is a dumb purchase.

for any car, always look at it to see if it was taken care of. if the interior looks super clean, and you open the hood and check the oil and the oil is fresh, and look at the coolant to find fresh coolant, you know it’s been well maintained. you can also see the service on Lexus Drivers. Just add your VIN number and viola.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea this guy works for Royal purple and takes care of his stuff. Is there any services needed for the

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I am new to the board and am buying a super clean 14 CT200h that has a lot of the F sport mods added to it but it is a regular base model. No nav or anything but all the other goodies. The car has never been wrecked and gets 44-48 mpg verified. He only uses Royal Purple in it and is maticulous like I am. My questions are as follows

1. Are there any major problems with these cars or things that I should be concerned about? They seem pretty reliable based on my research. Any major services due up at 56k?

2. How good are the hybrid batteries on this model? Do I need to worry about it going out? Seems like it charges great now and gets awesome mpg.

3. I am basically getting it for 14k, is that a good deal?
Ii have a 2013. The worst problem I have is that it burns a ton of oil, and my brakes bark a lot. Look into both of these issues with the CT before buying it..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the car since 2012, original owner, not a single issue. We put about 50,000 miles or more on the car and all I’ve done are basic oil changes, filter changes, and changes the spark plugs once. I always check my brakes and have never needed to change them. Car doesn’t make any funny noises, drives like the first day we bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys I am new to the board and am buying a super clean 14 CT200h that has a lot of the F sport mods added to it but it is a regular base model. No nav or anything but all the other goodies. The car has never been wrecked and gets 44-48 mpg verified. He only uses Royal Purple in it and is maticulous like I am. My questions are as follows Based on the MPG, the owner must drive it like my grandma, because not many of us get anywhere near that, not impossible just saying, it must be treated well. I get 38 MPG on mine maybe 40.

1. Are there any major problems with these cars or things that I should be concerned about? They seem pretty reliable based on my research. Any major services due up at 56k? Nothing really goes wrong with these cars, the tires from the factory are very hard, so they make noise, put good tires that have a much better ride. Keep the wheels clean otherwise the brake dust will stain the wheels and their start to look old. As said before, do all the fluids and filters.

2. How good are the hybrid batteries on this model? Do I need to worry about it going out? Seems like it charges great now and gets awesome mpg. Drive it often, don't leave it parked for long as it damages the battery after a while of doing that. People report 200k with the same battery with no issues. I have 105k on my 2014 and never had any issues, I do drive it a lot, every day.

3. I am basically getting it for 14k, is that a good deal? KBB average trade in is $12,267 and Private Party is $15,332 I would say you are getting an okay deal, I would not pay more than trade in value for cars, I did look around and $14k is about average asking or a little below asking. GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts