Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all had this about a week, Collected from Edgware Road Lexus on an Arval contract hire.
Langdon Bronze SE-L
Ivory Leather
Non Sat Nav
Convenience Pack
17" Wheels

So far getting about 48mpg combined with a bit of M25 and London subhurbs driving. So hope this improves.

Only complaints so far, not much seat adjustment,(tilt-lumber-height) very hard head rests, stupid USB/12v plug position. No reading lights in the back and no power sockets in the back. Otherwise still getting used to it.

Anyone else in London area with one of these?
Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not London but Tyneside. Red SE Premier with pale interior, 2.7k miles, currently on 45 mpg 'cos it's cold up here :) I also do a lot of short distance driving (Family doctor so virtually all my trips are <5 miles) which can screw the mileage, but was getting 22 mpg from a GS300 so I'm happy. Otherwise happy with the car; agree re USB/sockets and lack of reading lights, but still have gs300 if I want to transport the family long distances anyway.

Have you tried using bluetooth from a mobile for your music? - it works very well. The other thing you need to know is that it is possible to use tiny USB drives and still be able to close the flap over the USB drive fully - the Lacie Moskeyto is one example of this, available from Amazon. I have a 16gb one plugged permanently into my socket and the flap is fully down.

(all figures in UK gallons. 1 UK gallon = 1.2 US)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Tim,
I am in S.W. London (Merton)
Had my CT since 15th Dec. but only done 500 miles.
Running on 16" wheels with snow tyres and currently getting 44 mpg (Should be better when I put the 17" back on)
Have been using an i-pod classic with a lead ............. what a pain!!
Will be investing in the micro drive as suggested by johnleigh

All in all I love this car.

Adrian

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot, I currently am on snow tyres, but on the original 17" rims.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Adrian

In away working abroad at the moment so Wife is driving the car, she is only managing 45mpg as well, bit disapointing as I gave up a Passat sport 170bhp for the lexus and that did 47mpg over the 3 years I had it on contract.
Just ordered a whole lot of ipod and tom tom cables and I am going to drill out the little lid which covers the USB and cigy lighter so I can do a perm install for my iphone lead and tom tom devices. Working on a molded bracket which will fit into the hole infront of the charge socket to take a Brodit Iphone holder. This hole is for the media device holder available in the states but it does not look so good. So going to make my own. Overall find the car a bit cramped inside and very hard suspension. Wish I had gone with the 16inch rims.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi John thanks for the reply, can only hope the mpg improves otherwise will be a dispointed motorist over the next 3 years! Would have gone for the Peugeot 3008 hybrid but I could not wait until November. Will have a go at the blue tooth music connection, but as I need the charge socket as well I might stick with the hard wire. Going to drill a usb size hole in the flap so I can close it. Guess a new flap from Lexus spares when I give the car back in 3 years should not be too expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts