Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm new to the forums and done a lil bit of mods on my new 12' CT F-Sport I recently just got the car a few weeks ago and already got the windows tinted 35% new 6000k HID's both low beams and fogs. White LED's on the interior/exterior ill post pics soon but for now here's my new intake :) let me know what you guys think
image.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i put it on last week and got a full tank, but the sound that the intake produces makes u wanna just accelerate haha, but after this tank ill drive normal ;S, as of right now im averaging 38.8 mpg

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I've heard this intake in person before, I like the sound. Its on my to do list.
Yeah sounds like my S2000 Invida exhaust ! (but only when it is idling at a stop light :rolleyes:)

It is kind of like comparing walking up a gentle hill with backpacking in the Rockies!

To each his own,

MidCow3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah so I got about a 1.2 mpg increase driving normally but I mean I was driving a lil fast because of the amazing roaring sound from it lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really sure yet I hvent even broke the 2k mileage yet haha, but for my 5k service I'm just gonna take it in there or I might put back on the stock then swap after service no biggie. But some people on the forums called tere dealer first to see if it would void the warranty

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Depends on what issue you are trying to cover under warranty coverage. Examples, If you have an electronics problem with you window motor, it probably won't affect it. If you have a problem with your O2 sensor or MAF calibration it probably will.

·
Registered
86 Posts
will this void the warranty on the car?
This is an automotive myth.

In order for the warranty to be void, the problem would have to be a result of the modification. The grey area is when you start dealing with performance parts on the powertrain. But, like Midcow said, if the issue being covered under warranty has no relation to the aftermarket part, then your warranty is still good.

They cannot void you entire warranty because you install an intake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As asked before....any warranty probs w all that, looks great. I was told by my dealer that any aftermarket parts including windshields (mine cracked 8" at the top, when my wife closed the pass door) thankfully my dealer covered it but those badboys from lexus cost over a $1000 bucks. He told me if my insurance co would use an aftermarket windshield lexus will void my warranty. Be careful if u take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that in the small print of the contract we all signed to buy these cars is a clause that gives LEXUS HQ the right to do anything they want in terms of warranty coverage and the voiding thereof for just abt any reason they see fit not least of which aftermarket parts. Especially electrical componants. LEXUS HQ is the judge/jury/executioner....bottom line....U lose.
This is an automotive myth.

In order for the warranty to be void, the problem would have to be a result of the modification. The grey area is when you start dealing with performance parts on the powertrain. But, like Midcow said, if the issue being covered under warranty has no relation to the aftermarket part, then your warranty is still good.

They cannot void you entire warranty because you install an intake.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that in the small print of the contract we all signed to buy these cars is a clause that gives LEXUS HQ the right to do anything they want in terms of warranty coverage and the voiding thereof for just abt any reason they see fit not least of which aftermarket parts. Especially electrical componants. LEXUS HQ is the judge/jury/executioner....bottom line....U lose.
Johnnyk,

Enjoy your unmodded Lexus CT200h and you will have no worries. However, there are a lot of issues your warranty still won’t cover!

I agree with TPete19 when he says “This is an automotive myth”. Lexus is like any other auto dealer, and even much more so (I’ll explain later). Selling you a car upfront is now where they make the most of their Money. All car dealers make a majority of their money during service and as I said Lexus even more so. Do you think those nice leather couches, the free coffee and latte’s and the free loaner cars are really free ? Why do you think Lexus service costs so much?

Also Lexus personnel are all salesmen/ saleswomen/ salespersons. Have you ever noticed Lexus doesn’t fix parts they replace them with new. Let’s say you have a modified part and Lexus thinks it caused the problem, they will gladly fix it for you and possibly but charge you more even, but not necessarily. Yes, “Mr. Customer we had to replace a xyz part, but your standard warranty didn’t cover that part anyway …”.

Bottom Line – Lexus wants to be your service provider, whether you have made modifications or not. They are NOT going to run you off to and ‘independent’ Lexus service provider and lose your revenue!!

Enjoy life, make you mods, personalize your car

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice to know the reviews about this engine intake installed. I am also surprising to see it because i looks very clear and clean and it with Hybrid technology which really awesome and gives you a better mileage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts