Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members,
Yesterday I bought a 2013 CT in pearl white with minimal mileage and in perfect condition. All dents and scratches removed, purchased from Lexus dealership official used car program, with full service history and all maintenance checked.
Looking forward towards troublefree few years ahead.

What do I like?
Didn't expect seats to be that good - tight, supportive and sporty. Lumbar support is nowhere to be found, but after 200+ miles yesterday I didn't feel any discomfort.
Noise level - in Europe we drive fast. Legal speed on Polish highway is 86mph, but everyone drives a tad above it. I did those 200 miles with cruising speed set to 100 mph and the car worked very well and was quiet.
Audio system - I have a basic audio system - not fancy Mark Levinson or other premium brands, but the sound is easily comparable to B&O system I had in my Audi A4.

What I wish was better?
Lights - since 2010 all my previous cars had xenon or LED main lights and this CT only has basic H11 halogen bulbs. It isn't on a "scary" level yet - as the lights of my fun-car - 1995 Volvo 850 T-5 Estate, but compared to xenons - it's very poor - especially in the wet. I need to replace those ASAP.
Parking sensors - my car has both - front and rear parking sensors, but they initiate very slowly and the signals they generate are very quiet. Result? I scratched the rear bumper today as the sensors were late to the party. :(
Placement of a USB port is bad - the plug standing vertically where your forearm should be and the downright stupid cover right in the middle of the console are not acceptable for me. Need to deal with those ASAP.
Kneepad on the console causing pain after a long trip as the padding is far too thin. I think I will buy another leather console-padding panel and do some experiments with memory foam or other dense furniture foam pads added to it. It could make long trips far less painful. Had the same issue with the console of my Volvo V50 years ago and the V60 I drove for the last 2 years.

Otherwise, I truly enjoy this car, love the fuel consumption in city traffic already and like the refinement of it. For such an old car - it is truly impressive.

Looking forward to stay with it - as well as with you - for years to come.

All the best from Poland.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!
If you driving on highways mainly with 70+ mph VW Golf TDI MkVI is the best option. Engine has better power and torque, more room inside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!
If you driving on highways mainly with 70+ mph VW Golf TDI MkVI is the best option. Engine has better power and torque, more room inside.
I had a Golf TDI Mk. VII and an Audi A3 limousine - both with 150 bhp 2.0 Diesel under the hood. You are right - they were great highway cruisers indeed. But I used those when my typical travel mix was 60% highway, 20% narrow roads thru rural Poland, Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia and only 20% could be assigned to city traffic.

Now I do around 70-80% of my driving in a big city and the rest mainly on highways. No Diesel acceleration necessary, as I rarely do one-lane-road overtaking maneuvres lately.

That's why I chose the hybrid. For the quiet city driving and brilliant in-town economy.
For those longer trips, I can live with less economical and not as torquey hybrid engine, as they do not come as frequently as once were...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts