Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while ago that my hybrid battery gave up at 360k km (around 225K miles), now my engine is failing, I just had Lexus replace my engine at just over 400k km (around 250k miles). It is the first time Lexus in Australia has had to replace both a hybrid pack and engine for the same vehicle. Keep in mind I do live in the Mountains and travel from 1200m (around 4000 feet) to sea level several times a week. Has anyone else had to replace their hybrid battery and engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
my dad has a prius with like 300k miles. he replaced the battery with green bean at 270k. engine is still original and drives like a dream.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone else had to replace their hybrid battery and engine?
Neither for me yet, but only at 180k km.

I just had Lexus replace my engine at just over 400k km (around 250k miles).
Did they put a new engine in or did you source a used unit?
How's the rest of the car holding up? I'd imagine quite well considering you bothered getting it done.
What year model?
And do you have an exit strategy? XXX kms? X years?

I had recollections of descending just Mt Vic Pass last night. I used to live in Bathurst and regularly travelled to the lower Blue Mountains for family. Some great driving to be had in your area.

And one final question, have you ever topped out the battery on one of the long descents? What happens then? Notifications?

(Thanks for your pioneering work :))

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I regularly top up the battery from two bars to full nearly every day up and down Mt Victoria! I get up to 8 and 9 little car symbols! I got a replacement engine from Lexus at around 40,000km reconditioned. Overall the car is holding up ok, it now looks like I need new suspension:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts