Lexus CT200h Forums banner

New CT200h Premium, a.k.a. Storm Trooper! (named by the wife!)

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  the1sen 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Picked up a new CT, Nav, upgraded stereo, clear bra, tint. Our first hybrid. Our first Lexus. GREAT experience so far.

Had a TSX a while back, a Pilot, Lotus Elise, Honda Fit (still have it), few Miatas. I mention this because the CT was not our first choice for a new vehicle, but boy did it deliver for us. In fact, Lexus really came through.

We started our cash car-buying experience with Toyota. My wife wanted a Prius C Four or a regular Prius Five. I tried talking with Toyota, but couldn't. It literally seemed that no one was interested in selling us a car - CASH. Out of 4 Toyota dealers, 3 of them wouldn't call us back! One of them lied to us about inventory, saying they had the car we wanted, then when we refused it, they tried to bully us into signing for 7.95% on a car that wasn't there, nor appointed as we wanted. We were willing to wait for a car that we wanted, but they would not listen at all. When I switched talk to a Prius five, hoping they would be more reasonable, they became downright nasty. So, Toyota crossed themselves off our list.

A couple of days went by. I contacted Lexus and got three lucid responses from three professionals. I explained I was a cash buyer, and that the lowest price wins. Wound up talking to Scottsdale Lexus, who not only beat everyone else by a wide margin with tint and a clear bra, they also got us 1.9% for 60 months through Lexus. As folks with a recent short sale from a year ago, this was a huge step for us to get re-established.

The wife picked the vehicle colors, named it the Storm Trooper, and we left very happy campers. We wrote a letter to Toyota and Lexus' corporate office that detailed our story, enclosed documents to support our statements, and we definitely let them know what a wonderful staff they have at Scottsdale Lexus. I would highly recommend Doug Ebner to anyone in the Phoenix area! Outstanding +++!

I can't explain how much nicer this car is compared to the Acura, Prius, or Prius C, and I am so grateful Toyota treated us the way they did. If they hadn't, we wouldn't've met the awesome staff at Scottsdale Lexus, and we certainly wouldn't be driving a Lexus at 1.9%!

Questions about the car:

1. I saw the LED replacement bulbs from Tony listed here. Does anyone have any feedback on them regarding brightness? Kind of difficult to tell from the photos if it is distastefully bright... Would you go with a less bright bulb he offers in any of the locations?

2. How accurate is the fuel MPG calculator on the dash? It says we are getting about 34MPG, but I'm not sure how because we drive it like a grandma!

3. How drastic does mileage change from Sport Mode to Eco Mode?

4. Any must-have accessories for the car that I don't know about?

See less See more
#2 ·
1) I gave the factory LED lights, so can't provide any info on the replacement bulbs2) I checked actual mileage vs calculated for about the first four tanks. First refill I got about 1 mpg better than calculated, the other three times actual was between .5-1.5 lower than calculated. Close enough for me. I think you can safely assume that you are within 2 mpg of calculated.3) I don't think the mileage changes significantly from Sport to Eco. That is a subjective assessment. Of course it all depends on how you drive. I like to drive in Sport mode for city driving, then go to Eco when I'm on the freeway. 4) I'm not a big accessory guy, but I did buy a few things; a USB adapter for the DC outlet. The factory one will not charge my iPod/iPad while the adapter version does. I bought a cargo carrier that fits perfectly between the wheel-wells in the back. It's useful for keeping misc stuff from rolling around and cluttering up the back (balls, gloves, frisbee, grocery bags, etc). The sun visor in the CT sucks, so I bought a little vinyl type sun block that adheres to the window. It rolls up and fits in the glove box when not in use.Hope that helps.

#3 ·
Agree with tchris. I drive in sport for fun, I get 2-3 mpg less but that's with a heavy foot.

Must have accessory has gotta be a Lacie Mosketo - sized flash drive.

Amazon.com: lacie moskeyto__You can plug one into your USB port and close the flap over it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.