Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home the Ct200h premium in Starfire Pearl with a black interior.
First experience with driving a hybrid is interesting with the CVT engine. Lots of sounds that I am not used to. Have kept it normal mode but will try out the Sport mode tomorrow.
The car has great handling around corners. Acceleration is decent enough.
Push button start and the shifter joy stick takes some getting used to.
Averaging 45 mpg today in mixed suburban driving.
What do the other new owners think of the car?
I think it is great.
I worry about the body getting nicked by other car doors. Anybody thinking of body side molding to prevent dings?

·
Registered
60 Posts
First experience with driving a hybrid is interesting with the CVT engine. Lots of sounds that I am not used to. Have kept it normal mode but will try out the Sport mode tomorrow.
I think it is great.
I worry about the body getting nicked by other car doors. Anybody thinking of body side molding to prevent dings?
Congrats on the new CT rehabmax! Unfortunately, even if body side moldings are put on the CT it's inevitable that we're all going to come across our first ding at some point. I guess the best advice is that you avoid parking next to big cars/suvs, particularly those with big car doors.

I'm new to the hybrid experience as well, but I've been happy thus far, now going on day 5 with the new CT. You'll enjoy the SPORT mode. The response in acceleration is a lot better. I particularly use it getting on an inclined freeway/highway onramp, or if I need to pass up the slower driver whether or not he/she is on the phone or texting ahead of me. There's plenty of those people in LA! NORMAL mode is sufficient enough for me on my daily commute to and from work, in light or heavy traffic. I almost felt guilty going 80mph--on ECO mode-- the first night of ownership. I guess that's what they [Lexus] mean by "the darker side of green"... LOL! :D

The best part, I can get use to my average (so far) of 41.6 mpg :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
We went to Walmart and parked on very back section of parking.
" " Target and did same!!
read book that we have a mpg button have to find it! also gargage door home link?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Ct200h experience

Ran the car today in Sport mode. Very responsive and gives the feel of a real performance vehicle.
On my drive to work I go through 4 roundabouts in rapid succession. The car handles great on the curves.
There is a site on Ebay that sells matched color body side molding. It uses 3M tape to adhere it which makes me nervous that it could pull off and leave some bad marks on the doors.
If anyone is brave enough to try this let me know.
Keeping the car from getting dinged is always a challenge. Even parking in a remote spot somehow i attract some boat of a car with giant doors.
I am waiting to see how long the nice chrome tire valve caps last. Kids tend to like them for their bicycles.
Hope you are enjoying the car as much as I am.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck rehabmax! We have ecru interior because that was it in the showroom!

Now just can't set past fuel consumption-dates dont come up? Though date registers March 20 on set up?? Had to call XM 2nd time to get weather, sports, traffic-think they are in India.

Thanks for posted inf.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats on the new CT rehabmax! Unfortunately, even if body side moldings are put on the CT it's inevitable that we're all going to come across our first ding at some point.
First ding yesterday!:mad::(
Some stupid guy opening his door on mine I guess.:mad:
First roc on my windshield as well:mad:
It's frustrating, I only had it for 10 days.
I'll see at the dealer if they can put something on the sides.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch !

Sorry about the ding. I know one is coming for me too. Just hate that first one. May be a little touch up paint from the dealer could help?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Door opening sounds

When i open the driver's side door to get in the car it begins to make some electromechanical sounds for about 5 seconds. Anybody know what the car is doing? This is before I push any buttons in the car.:eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry about the ding. I know one is coming for me too. Just hate that first one. May be a little touch up paint from the dealer could help?
I have my 1800km check up this week, I'll see with them.
If not, I'll order the side door moldings that a member suggested.
It's the first time in my life I have a car that I really like and that is not only bought because it is practical. I want to protect it so it still looks good in 5 years.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keeping the car beautiful

The car looks so great I am wiping off any little specks of dirt that get on it at night when i get home. I don't want to get too obsessive about the car.
Haven't even had to put the wipers on yet.
Watch out for tree sap now that spring is coming.
Has anyone thought of a front bra for the car to cut down on bugs smashing into the grill on the highway?
My old Honda Pilot had the appeal of refrigerator on wheels. It was a great utility vehicle, but past that, just plain ugly.
This car takes me back to the time when I had a Toyota Celica convertible, the least time I loved a car.

Owner of CT200h in Starfire Pearl.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ouch my winsdshield

Love my CT. First drive out at 50mph I heard a splat and knew a pebble hit my windshield. When I took a closer look I noticed that the pebble had chipped the glass. I have been driving for many years and have never had that happen before. I am wondering if the windshield material is inferior or if the angle of the windshield is not slanted enough to deflect foreign objects.
Needless to say I am in the process of getting the chip repaired or the windshield replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New CT200

Order CT200 9 weeks ago and was told another 6 to 8 weeks so went shopping Monday and found exact CT I was looking for. Took it home and averaging 48mpg. Yes I want side door molding.
I think it is great.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Love my CT. First drive out at 50mph I heard a splat and knew a pebble hit my windshield. When I took a closer look I noticed that the pebble had chipped the glass. I have been driving for many years and have never had that happen before. I am wondering if the windshield material is inferior or if the angle of the windshield is not slanted enough to deflect foreign objects.
Needless to say I am in the process of getting the chip repaired or the windshield replaced.
Really! You've NEVER taken a rock hit before? Consider yourself lucky!

There is no defect. It's not unusual to get chipped. Be glad that it didn't crack! I had a chip repaired once, but the resin they used didn't have enough to hold onto and it eventually wore away. Windshield repair is meant to fix cracks (to save your windshield). I wouldn't replace the windshield unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! The new one is almost never the same! Increased wind noise and/or water leaks are common complaints. Also, if it should happen again after you replace it, you're just gonna' second guess the decision. If you just can't stand it, then go ahead, but I'm pretty OCD about these things myself! My Boxster windshield has taken several hits over the years and I considered replacement each time. The next time I took a hit, however, I thought "I'm so glad that I didn't waste the money!" :)

If you do go ahead, I've heard that most problems with new windshields have to do with people driving the car too soon after the replacement! The adhesive needs time to set. It might take 3-4 hours before it's safe to drive it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts