Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my new CT 200H today... super excited and happy.

Can't wait to meet everyone here, and feels great to have joined such a great new car club. =)

-Minh

San Jose, CA

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey congrats. You will not be disappointed. The big topic with this car as you can imagine and probably why you picked one up is MPGs with of course style and quality.

You'll notice postings of real-world figures from the mid 30s all the way as high as the mid 50s (I might have even seen a 60 mpg). I personally am one of the folks consistently experiencing MPGs in the low 50s and it is VERY doable. My advice to you on this topic is take the time to understand the hybrid powertrain, acceleration, and coasting, then where the electric mode sweet spots are (for instance in the 40-45 mph range), and finally how to maximize their usage. In my experience, this is achieved from the following:

1. try to avoid the highway if possible and if not, keep below 70 mph. At speeds above 45 mph, forward thrust is 90%+ primarily sourced from the gas engine. My highway experience yeilds no better than getting in the low 40 MPGs.

2. maximize city driving where the coasting and braking recharges the battery.

3. use the "pulse and glide" technique which essentially means accelerating normally with traffic, hitting the sweet spot speed (i.e. below 45 mph), then quickly easing off on the accelerator until the "EV" mode kicks in (takes a brief second) and maintain throttle position such that the power gauge is at or below the "Eco" indicator to stay on battery power as long as possible. Next time you decelerate or brake, battery recharges being ready for the next pulse and glide implementation.

Don't be discouraged if your first tank might not be that great. However, you will get better at understanding the optimizations and find it very rewarding trying to beat your prior MPGs. Always keep in mind several of us are consistently hitting the 50 mpg of real-world mileage following the above tips.

Enjoy your new CT and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the family!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my new CT 200H today... super excited and happy.

Can't wait to meet everyone here, and feels great to have joined such a great new car club. =)

-Minh

San Jose, CA
Congrats and welcome to the family. :)
Btw which color did you pick?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the mileage advice! This is great, and I will definitely need to learn how to adjust.

I picked up a brand new 2011 Starfire Pearl with Black Interior. :)

She's so pretty, and I'm glad I got a decent deal on it.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
congrats! welcome, welcome!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Welcome =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

As for mods, nothing major, just the necessary small tweaks.

- HID Headlights + Foglights
- LED lights for interior + license plate on outside
- Door Edge Guards
- K&N Filter
- Shark Fin Antenna
- Illuminated Door Sills
- Tint

Long-Term Projecst:
- Weathertech Floor Liners / Cargo Liner (once available)
- Upgrading the sub, rear speakers and 6x9's in the front. =)
- Stainless steel bumper protector (once available)

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh I'm so jealous of you guys with white/black color combos! I was dying for starfire pearl but ended up with tungsten because I didn't want to wait a gazillion months and apparently water grey interior was special order in my area
anyways, grats and welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for the mileage advice! This is great, and I will definitely need to learn how to adjust.

I picked up a brand new 2011 Starfire Pearl with Black Interior. :)

She's so pretty, and I'm glad I got a decent deal on it.
Dang it Nguyenmq, my wife thought she was the only one with that color combo!:p

·
Registered
116 Posts
welcome, white/black is nice combo...but i have chosen caramel instead cuz all the cars i have owned had black interior...this is something new for me :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really wanted the caramel too.. but just couldn't wait. :)

I will post pics up soon, just got my tint done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts