Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT200h F Sport, Silver Lining Metallic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

Recently bought a “new to me” 2016 F Sport in silver lining metallic, with just about every option I think possible…just doesn’t have the luxury (memory seat) option.

3rd owner. First two obviously didn’t drive the car very much, as the car only has 51,xxx miles on it. The guy I bought the car from was regretting selling the car…but his loss my gain. 😉

I’ve owned a variety of cars over the past few years of my driving life.

Started driving old 1970’s VW bugs when I was a teenager.

In my early twenties, I bought my first brand new car…a 2001 Integra GSR in nighthawk black.

Moved to Colorado, and someone attempted to break into that car twice, so I sold it and bought a 2005 Acura TSX in satin silver metallic.

Then I bought my wife a 2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4…great car for the snow in Colorado…terrible for highway driving when we moved back to California.

Then we bought a 2006 Scion xB in blue onyx pearl. My wife daily’ed that car until recently. Got her a loaded 2019 RX350 F Sport in ultra white. We absolutely love the RX. Great highway mpg’s, great ride, great sound system, great seats, great headlights, great power.

After the TSX, I bought a 2008 Lexus IS F in ultra sonic blue mica. That car was a blast. It was a great car too. Had it modified with headers, exhaust, tune, tires, brakes, current 2014 suspension, 2015 rear RC F Torsen differential, new interior panels. The car was well maintained. But because of COVID, I hadnt been driving it much the past 2 years. And with how the used car market is right now…I basically sold the car for what I almost bought it for 10 years ago.

And since I only work 3 miles from home, I have been driving the Scion xB. Did all the usual add on things… because what fun would it be to leave something stock…😏. That has been my daily (see also Boxer dog hauler) for awhile now.

For the past 14 years I have been working at a small Independant auto repair shop that mainly works on Toyota’s and Lexus vehicles. I’ve seen the direction that Toyota has been heading with their hybrid cars. Almost all their model lines have a hybrid offering.

Back in April 2021, I bought a 2014 Prius V series 5 with a blown head gasket from one of our customers that didn’t want to fix the car. I really like the quality and improvements that Toyota has made to their Prius line…and it was easy to like instant 40+ mpg with out even trying. But I knew that I just couldn’t see myself driving a Prius. So I had been on the hunt for a low mileage 2016/17 CT.

And this is where I find myself today. Already spent a chunk of change buying parts (illuminated door sills, all weather mats, cargo net, etc.) …because who can ever leave something unmodified. Already looking at lithium hybrid battery pack upgrades for the future…😆

I hope to be able to answer questions and bring some help to the CT community. So if you have any questions, send me a message and I’ll do my best. Hope to see you around,

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
168 Posts
Feel free to share pictures of the CT and all the cars you've talked about!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Feel free to share pictures of the CT and all the cars you've talked about!
Sure thing.

My first car...2001 Acura Integra GS-R
170hp, blast to drive, had everything I was looking for at the time!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4
This was my wifes car, and it was great for when we lived in Colorado. Got us through 3 winters before we moved back to California. No matter how I drove that car though, I could never get better than 19mpg! So we sold it and we got her a 2006 Scion xB, which I still drive back and forth to work and haul the doggo around.
Tire Wheel Automotive carrying rack Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I was living in Colorado, I sold my Integra because someone attempted to break into the car twice. So then I bought a 2005 Acura TSX. 6 speed manual.
Automotive parking light Sky Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daily driver for now...used by my wife until about two years ago. I now drive this car, and its used to haul the Boxer around.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Sky

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I moved back to California, this is the beast that I upgraded to; 2008 Lexus IS F. It was a totally unexpected purchase. Had the car for about 10 years, babied the car, and this car was a lot of fun. Probably 500hp with all the modifications...and I could manage about 30mpg on the highway. It really helped that it had an 8 speed transmission. I modified just about everything possible on this car. Because of Covid, wasn't driving this car very much and the market right now has been perfect to sell cars like this (V8, Lexus reliable, flawless condition, small production run, etc...) . Had it online for about 1 month and had a guy fly from Arizona, test drive, buy it, and drive it home on a Saturday morning. Glad he's enjoying it now.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't have any pictures yet of my wife's 2019 RX350 or the 2016 CT that I just bought. Coming soon.

Any questions about previous rides...feel free to ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts