Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just got a new 2012 CT 200 Premium model, nebula Gray with black interior. Used to drive a 2004 GS300 with 20 mpg. With the CT showing 38 mpg right now. Been driving mostly city now but expect to see some highway miles soon.

Will the mpg improve as the car gets broken in? :confused: Getting jealous with others noting mpg up to 50's

Hope to learn a lot from this forum!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congratulations. A lot of people seem to appreciate their CT more as time goes by and they often seem to report the car benefits from a few thousand miles, particularly with regard to fuel consumption. So hang on guys and enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had mine for closing in on 2 years now and 38mpg is about what you're going to get here in LA, unless you do a lot more freeway (distance) driving than I do! I usually show just shy of 40mpg on the cars display, up from around 38 when it was new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in LA too and my first tank of gas only got about 35 mpg toggling between ECO and EV when possible. So far the average is bit higher on my second tank, but I was hoping for it to be significantly higher. I'm new to hybrids (this is my 3rd Lexus -- first two were IS 250s.) Some of the boards I'm reading show people struggling over hills and cold, East Coast weather and getting better mileage than we are in LA. I know I can't change where I drive (mostly surface streets,) but should I be changing how I drive? Or just patiently waiting for it to improve with time? Thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've had mine for closing in on 2 years now and 38mpg is about what you're going to get here in LA, unless you do a lot more freeway (distance) driving than I do! I usually show just shy of 40mpg on the cars display, up from around 38 when it was new.
I get about the same gas mileage -- never average over 40 mpg and I don't drive it hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.