Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced the head gasket in my 2012 CT200h and after putting everything back together it started right up. It ran fine for about a minute then started to misfire (knocking sounds and I got cylinder 1 and 4 misfire code from my OBD reader) then it stalled and I started it again and the same sort of thing happened but in less time than before, i continued on this cycle for a while until it seemed like the battery had drained completely, and it no longer started. I could hear the starter (very slow) trying to start the engine but not start. I kept trying to start it then it got to a point of just making random clicking noises ( in the trunk near the battery I think). So I charged the battery over night and tried again the next day and got the same slow turnover and then rapid clicking noises. Replaced the battery and still no difference. What am I missing?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I replaced the head gasket in my 2012 CT200h and after putting everything back together it started right up. It ran fine for about a minute then started to misfire (knocking sounds and I got cylinder 1 and 4 misfire code from my OBD reader) then it stalled and I started it again and the same sort of thing happened but in less time than before, i continued on this cycle for a while until it seemed like the battery had drained completely, and it no longer started. I could hear the starter (very slow) trying to start the engine but not start. I kept trying to start it then it got to a point of just making random clicking noises ( in the trunk near the battery I think). So I charged the battery over night and tried again the next day and got the same slow turnover and then rapid clicking noises. Replaced the battery and still no difference. What am I missing?
Update to this, I took the engine mostly apart again and determined that everything was fine.
i decided that it must be the hybrid battery. So I opened it up and tested the voltage. It read about 180v. I tested a few cells and found that they were all around 6.3v. So I must have depleted the battery while working on it. And the ECU is inhibiting the engine from starting because the voltage is so low.
So how can I get the battery pack to charge if the ECU won’t allow the car to start? Is there a way to trick the system? Or can I turn the charge the battery externally somehow?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts