Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! My name is Grace and I've been shopping around for the Lexus CT with my mom who has amazingly agreed to buy me this as my first car! :) I'm extremely excited but was wondering if you guys could answer a couple of questions for me before I go in and finalize the whole thing.

Because I'm a new driver and all, I was wondering if you think that the difference between the "normal" CT200H and the Premium was enough to dish out the extra 2 grand, since I'm pretty sure insurance is going to be through the roof for me and I've agreed to help pay for part of the car too. Also, I don't want to get the navigation but I do really want the back up camera, and there have been some reviews stating that there is an option for a back up cam in the rear view mirror but it doesn't seem like any of the dealerships I went to have that. Can any of you guys be able to comment on that feature and if it's any more helpful than just backing up without it?

I'd really appreciate any help I could get. I was initially hoping to get a Prius but then the CT came up and my mom thought it would just be a better investment to go through with the Lexus instead of Toyota so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hello Grace, welcome to the forum...you have a very nice mother! The main difference between the two models is the moonroof and heated seats on the premium model as well as the ability to add options not available on the base model. To me that is worth the money but everyone is different so it is really a personal choice.

I believe the rear view mirror back up camera you are talking about is an after market item, you can get them at car audio stores. The nav on the car is nice because you can easily control several systems in the car with the mouse and screen, again it is a personal choice.

I hope this helps, good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grace, it depends on the region you're in. It is possible to get the backup camera by itself, but that doesn't mean your region has the ability to get the car in like that. It will be bundled in with other packages, like Premium audio or leather or both for $2500+. The only region that gets the "base" premium with a plain backup camera option also has it bundled with illuminated door sills and a cargo net--that bundle is $898.

Here are the states that get that bundle:

Mountain Region -- Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming
Pacific Northwest Region -- Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana

If you don't want to order from one of these states and pay for shipping or airfare & gas to drive back, your only option is to special order, and you'll be in for a wait of at least 3 months, because special orders are being filled with 2012s now.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! I actually went to Lexus today and ended up picking up the starfire pearl one today! :) I'm extremely happy with my car and think its absolutely amazing.

I was just wondering if anyone around the West Hollywood or Fullerton/Diamond Bar area would have any recommendations for an auto shop or something where I can buy and get a back up camera with rearview mirror installed? I've looked into purchasing them and looked at numerous other forums on here, but neither I nor my mom possess the capability to buy one and install it ourselves and it doesn't seem like anyone mentioned specifics. I was hoping someone could give me some feedback on a good place to get this kind of stuff done? And again thanks so much for the replies! :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hope your enjoying the vehicle. I wish I could help you out, but I am positive one of our other members in your area will have the information your looking for. Drive safe!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Damn, congrats Grace, that's awesome that you're in a car like this for your first car! You're also very lucky that you got the car as quickly as you did. You are going to make a lot of other forum members on here very envious, as they continue to wait for their CT! Good luck with the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts