Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of complaints on here that dealerships are unwilling to negotiate the MSRP for new CTs. With the recent developments in Japan, it seems that there may be an opportunity for both the dealership and the customer to negotiate in a manner that benefits Japan...

Say the negotiation is for $1,000 off MSRP, and the dealer will not budge. What if you propose that you will commit $500 of that money to the dealership, if they will match $500 in a donation for Japan? You receive a discount, it reflects well of the dealership in the eyes of the community and Toyota/Lexus, and it supports the relief efforts in Japan.

I'm negotiating pricing on my CT right now (waiting for updates on F Sport additions and wood paneling), and haven't had much success. I've got nothing to lose by running this by the GM... it could even turn into a good marketing campaign for them. Thoughts?

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's a pretty good idea, but keep in mind the GM can easily turn around and say that since the supply is even lower now that the MSRP won't budge (or price risk going up). Market it appropriately and it might work though! Good luck.

On a related note, I was able to get 750$ off MSRP but I'm Toronto and went to my previous sales rep who sold me an IS 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
If you want to make a donation to the Tragedy that happened, thats great. But please don't try using it as a level to negotiate. That's insulting to all the people that died and are suffering.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you want to make a donation to the Tragedy that happened, thats great. But please don't try using it as a level to negotiate. That's insulting to all the people that died and are suffering.
I don't think it is "insulting to all the people that died and are suffering". The donation is something that otherwise might not have been given. I think it is an opportunity to help and something Lexus might want to initiate themselves.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
. The donation is something that otherwise might not have been given. I think it is an opportunity to help and something Lexus might want to initiate themselves.
Correct, it is something that otherwise would not have happened. However, you want to "donate" $500 to the cause and ask the dealer to take $500 off and donate it. Anyone can donate money. So if you were buying at MSRP or Invoice, you should want to donate for the cause, not the discount.

Let's keep the two transaction's seperate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see how this is insulting. It could create great PR for a dealership, inspire customers and the community to further donate, and benefit the disaster altogether.

I've already made a donation today. Why would it hurt to ask this of a company whose sole business partner is directly affected by the tragedy?

Don't get hung up on the numbers, or take this so heavily... it's an idea that may not reflect the values or desires of you or your dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's an interesting idea. I know Toyota is currently matching employee donations:

Newsroom : Updated Toyota Statement Regarding Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan / Toyota

"Meanwhile, Toyota employees in the U.S. are very interested in contributing to relief efforts in Japan. To make their support go further, Toyota Affiliates in the U.S. will match their personal relief donations to the American Red Cross.

This is in addition to Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan donating 300 million yen (approximately $3.75 million) to support relief efforts."

...let us know what your local dealer says. My feeling is they will want to keep the two transactions separate as LexusGuy suggests. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
That's an interesting idea. I know Toyota is currently matching employee donations:

Newsroom : Updated Toyota Statement Regarding Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan / Toyota

"Meanwhile, Toyota employees in the U.S. are very interested in contributing to relief efforts in Japan. To make their support go further, Toyota Affiliates in the U.S. will match their personal relief donations to the American Red Cross.

This is in addition to Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan donating 300 million yen (approximately $3.75 million) to support relief efforts."

...let us know what your local dealer says. My feeling is they will want to keep the two transactions separate as LexusGuy suggests. Good Luck!

Your correct. My Dealership is going to donate up to $5,000 for everyone that hits the "like" button on our facebook page.
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

1 - 8 of 8 Posts