Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..

I have my Lexus CT200h Sport with 10 speaker (not Mark Levinson series).

Quick question..
Do I need to replace or upgrade OEM lexus Amp? if I am going to replace the Tweeter, Dash & Front Door Speakears with FOCAL PS165F3 6.5″ FLAX 3-WAY component ?

Cheers.

·
Registered
692 Posts
No you don't have to, but more power will always give you better clarity and more punch at higher volume with less distortion. Being that you are talking about 3-way component speakers, those generally do require more power to sound good than a simple 2-way coaxial speaker, but it's not like you are going to go no sound out of them without it. FWIW I switched out all the stock speakers for Infinity speakers and I did not add an extra amp (I have the 6 speaker base system that doesn't have the external amp). I think it sounds pretty decent, however, I'm sure my Infinity speakers are barely touching their potential with the power that I'm giving them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks leonar40...

So another question.. is the current ORM speakers for dash and front door is three way components or coaxial speaker?

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's more like a component system with the woofer in the door and the tweeter in the A pillar, plus the two small speakers near the dash. There is some crossover circuitry that sends highs to the tweeters, and limits the amount of low frequencies that go to the dash speakers, but it's not a true component system where all the speakers would be working together. Honestly the stereo in this car is pretty much a mess, but there is a lot of good info in the stereo section including schematics of the whole thing. If you are planning to do a big upgrade I would recommend spending several hours reading through all those threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts