Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CT200h premium and I can't figure out this damn sunroof rattle for nothing. It only happens when it's closed all the way. I've read and read and read and nothing seems similar to this. It just has a weird rattle that's hard to explain. If you push up on the sunroof glass while it's closed it won't rattle. I've tried putting sticky felt on the sides of the metal body sunroof surround and I thought that had cured it, but it comes back! So I reapply more felt, remove old, etc.. and it still comes back. It's not the bar that raises when the sunroof opens as I can hold that down and it still rattles. It's enough to make me hate this car. I don't know what else to try. I'm out of warranty and just hit 50,000 miles. I can't seem to find anything online to try and I'm not prepared to remove the headliner to fish for something.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 CT. Had the same rattling noise just after 10k miles. Under the warranty Managed to replace the whole sunroof. Noiseless for 6 months. The rattling is back. Louder. Any suggestions? Please.

·
Registered
2013 Lexus Ct200h
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2nd CT, a 2013 model that I'd purchased used), and nothing I could do by myself seemed to help. Since I'm severely allergic to rattles, I had the dealer take a look when I took the car in for scheduled maintenance and they told me it was due to the rubber gasket in the roof being partially torn. A mere $500 later (part and labor)and the sunroof was silent once again.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My sunroof is quiet, it's the shade that is noisy. When it's open it rattles like crazy, when I close it, the rattle goes away. I listen to my stereo pretty loud most of the time so it's not a big deal but it's annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems there is no solution for sunroof rattling. There is a video on you tube that the guy used pieces of foams in order to push the sunroof up when closed to stop the rattle but I am not sure if that will cause leakage in rain or not.

·
Registered
2013 Lexus Ct200h
2 Posts
I actually thought my rattle was from the shade as well - i even told the dealer I thought the shade was the cause when I dropped the car off. They said it was the gasket, gave me the old part (which was obviously worn out and had been deformed). All I can tell you is that the unbelievably annoying rattle was gone and hasn't come back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use to have this issue with my old Infiniti G35 and use to drive me nuts. They said it was also a worn gasket, but it never really resolved the issue. Finding a CT with no sunroof was actually a plus!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually thought my rattle was from the shade as well - i even told the dealer I thought the shade was the cause when I dropped the car off. They said it was the gasket, gave me the old part (which was obviously worn out and had been deformed). All I can tell you is that the unbelievably annoying rattle was gone and hasn't come back.
thanks for the answer to the rattling sunroof...need to get a new gasket then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts