Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I need some advice. I've been detailing the inside of my CT 200h and for the life of me cannot figure out what Lexus has used for the soft-touch surfaces of the car. I know my seats are leather and I know my steering wheel is leather trimmed, but what are the leather-like surfaces made of?! Is it actual leather or is it some kind of vinyl? Please advise!!

Soft-touch surfaces such as the trim in the door panels, the armrest, the stitched center console, the pad on top of the gauge cluster on the dashboard, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've used Lexol for a long time now. I believe that's the same brand they sell at Lexus.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I've used on my seats, is it safe to use on vinyl?

·
Registered
21 Posts
email the guys at detailersdomain.com. they are excellent to deal with. uber knowledgeable.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oHHhh. Well, I was planning on using 303 protectant. I use Lexol for leather on my actual leather surfaces. But I was curious if the soft-touch surfaces were leather, if so, then I would use the Lexol first before using 303.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I already have the products I need, I would hate to have to buy another Lexol product when I have the 303 product.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Since I already have the products I need, I would hate to have to buy another Lexol product when I have the 303 product.
I had used 303 before, once I ran out I tried Lexol, I don't remember why I stuck with Lexol but I like the low gloss on the Lexol vinylex.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm. I haven't used the 303 yet. Just got it. I may try the Lexol once I run out. I guess the consensus is the soft touch materials aren't really leather?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not leather. You need to step up to the LS to get a leather-ladened dash.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just use 303 on it, it'll be fine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts