1. Unscrew the non-base part of the antenna.
2. Open trunk and pop out the plastic pins on the headboard.
3. Reach into the headboard and unplug (1 or 2) the connector(s) for the antenna base.
4. There is a hex nut that will need to be removed as well.
5. Gently pull out the antenna.
Notes: The hard part is reaching into the headboard to reach the connectors and nut. If you have large or short arms, this may not be possible and need to remove the entire headboard which I don't know how to do. You may also create some folding/creases on the headboard which go away over time, so don't worry too much about that but do try not to bend the headboard. IMO, if you can't remove the antenna, don't wrap the roof...it will make things very difficult and might not turn out very well.