Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did this auxiliary/12volt battery replacement go? I'm interested in how this went as I've never worked on a hybrid before.

My parents have a 2012 CT200H and I believe the auxiliary battery needs to be replaced (needs a jumpstart if car is not driven for a few days, then drives perfectly fine one it has been jumpstarted). If I replaced the 12v battery with a S46B24R AGM battery, will it just work or will I need to reset any software or "initialize" the battery via the vehicle computer?

Any other comments on the replacement process or special tools required?

Thank you.

HK

·
Registered
46 Posts
How did this auxiliary/12volt battery replacement go? I'm interested in how this went as I've never worked on a hybrid before.

My parents have a 2012 CT200H and I believe the auxiliary battery needs to be replaced (needs a jumpstart if car is not driven for a few days, then drives perfectly fine one it has been jumpstarted). If I replaced the 12v battery with a S46B24R AGM battery, will it just work or will I need to reset any software or "initialize" the battery via the vehicle computer?

Any other comments on the replacement process or special tools required?

Thank you.

DTS
I just put it in, and everything worked fine. Be sure to hook up the vent tube. I actually ended up using and AutoZone 46B24R-AGM because Advance was out of stock at the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put it in, and everything worked fine. Be sure to hook up the vent tube. I actually ended up using and AutoZone 46B24R-AGM because Advance was out of stock at the time.
Thank you. I appreciate the tip about the ventilation tube. Since it is my parents car I do not have it in front of me right now, the tips are appreciated, as I'd like to make as few trips back and forth to my parents house as possible!

The Advance Auto near me has their S46B24R battery in stock and there's a 25% discount code (AAPSAVES25) if purchased online (with store pickup). Seems hard to beat that price.

HK

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm sure you would have noticed the tube was connected to the original battery. You may notice a few things:
1. Radio presets gone
2. Trip meters all go back to zero
3. Window auto-up may need retraining (probably: run window down, then up while holding continuously, then continue to hold for two seconds more)
4. Displays all back to defaults
5. Some sort of engine relearning process: in particular a bit of odd rev-up for the first drive or two, just after starting. It goes away.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm sure you would have noticed the tube was connected to the original battery. You may notice a few things:
1. Radio presets gone
3. Window auto-up may need retraining (probably: run window down, then up while holding continuously, then continue to hold for two seconds more)
5. Some sort of engine relearning process: in particular a bit of odd rev-up for the first drive or two, just after starting. It goes away.
When I replaced mine last week none of that happened.
Everything was normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Optima makes a yellow top that fits both the Prius and the CT200h. I highly recommend that. They make great lead acid batteries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. Radio presets gone
Thank you, again.

I replaced the 12v battery 9 days ago and it went off without a hitch. My father reports that everything has been working fine and no problems since. I did need to jumpstart the vehicle first, as it was completely dead, so I could open the trunk/rear hatch and access the battery more easily. I did the window retraining that you mentioned. In this case, I did not notice any engine relearning, but I have certainly seen that in other vehicles (even non-hybrids).

Thanks again, I appreciate it. And my father is much happier and less frustrated. (y)🚗👍

HK

·
Registered
391 Posts
1. Radio presets gone
I remember seeing this or a similar warning before replacing my Aux Battery. I have a small 12 volt 7 Amp Hour battery that I use in my kayak. I clipped on to the terminals to try and maintain power when changing my aux battery. After the job was complete I noticed one of the clips had come off, so I assumed I would lose some of those presets, but also didn't notice anything different later when finished. I'm wondering if there might be a capacitor in the system to provide a little extra power to maintain these things for a limited amount of time. On a side note my car was needing a jump at times too prior to changing the Aux Battery. I used that little 7 amp hour to start my car. Was a little concerned and wondering if there could have been any detriment to using that small battery, but seemed it was no problem. I used it a couple times and the first time just left it connected to the terminal and engine under the front hood for an hour or so I think. Second time remember leaving it connected a much lower amount of time. Like just 5 minutes maybe. Details are a bit fuzzy now as it was some time ago, but it's interesting such a small battery can be used in an emergency. I have a small youtube channel for the CT. Check it out and subscribe if anyone wants to take a look. Haven't done videos for some time, but thinking to do oil change, engine air filter change, etc.. should have done the battery change too but will have to get that next time. Cheers.. Actually did an engine oil change video, but haven't posted it as it had some problems. The darn filter housing wench I bought fit too tight, so that part didn't really go smoothly. Had to spend 10 minutes knocking it off with some tools. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes you can. Part number S46B24R at Advance Auto Parts. And you can use code discount code P20 to save 20% ordering online.
The Autocraft SB46B42R was a little too bulky to retain use of the battery tie down. It won’t go anywhere because it’s secure in the corner under the cover. It’s just a FYI if you’re selective about those things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts